mtbr member
    May 2010

2009 Enduro SL Headset Bearings?

Hi all, the bearings in the headset of my 09 Enduro SL Comp are getting kind of rough, so I picked up some replacement bearings, of the standard ACB bearing type (41x30.2x6.5, 36deg angular contact). I installed them on my bike, but upon reassembling I couldn't get the headset to properly clamp down, even after applying what I would think would be way too much force on the bearings. Upon examination, there's a small gap between the bearing cups and dust cover/crown race. I looked at the bearings with a micrometer and found that while the other dimensions checked out, the original bearings were about 6.2mm thick where the bearings I picked up were around 6.4mm thick. Am I hallucinating this and just not properly reassembling the headset? Are the cartridge bearings used on this headset non-standard?

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Same experience with a 2008. The only cure was a entirely new headset. I went with this one: FSA Orbit Extreme Pro Headset Black 1 1 8 Threadless | eBay

and those replacement bearings you bought should fit in this headset, but I doubt you will ever need to replace the FSA headset bearings...