Go SOLAR...

2008 Stumpy RP23 sag question

Does 11-15mm sound right for sag settings on a stumpy with rp23 installed? How does the air pressure you use compare to body weight w/ gear.
    I believe I have a medium compression and rebound tuned....whatever that means. The rp23 is night and day different even in the living room just pushing down on shock. It definitely is more firm with same amount of air. The triad is very soft in comparison

Pics are how it came in box..looks like a Gary Fisher takeoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 Stumpy RP23 sag question-ashock-2-.jpg  

2008 Stumpy RP23 sag question-ashock.jpg  

Last edited by larlev; 01-09-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Go Solar...

Go SOLAR...
    Here it is installed...cable is from Reverb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 Stumpy RP23 sag question-shock-2-.jpg  

Go Solar...

mtbr member
    When I changed the AFR shock to the RP23 on my '08, to get the 20% sag the RP23 took a fair amount less air than the AFR. Usually ride my AFR at 165 psi and the RP23 was something like 135 psi. It's been a while, so I don't remember the exact number, but it was defintely less.

mtbr member
    I switched from a Triad to an RP2 and it too took a lot less air pressure. Don't worry about the actual PSI numbers, just adjust for the proper sag and enjoy the ride!

Go SOLAR...
    I will say just compressing the shock in the living room compared to the Triad is a major difference. The rp23 is way firmer with same air pressure....no big deal, just very noticeable.
    Go Solar...

Go SOLAR...
    Does anyone know if the rp23 with the high volume has any fitting issues on a 2008 stumpy fsr frame either large or medium?

I want to buy one for my wifes bike or give her mine and put it on mine. Since it is a tad bigger around it looks like it might be a close fit.
    Go Solar...