mtbr member

2008 stumpy fsr comp; any regrets?

I've added this bike to my short list due to the possibility of getting a good closeout deal when the '09's come out. So do any of you owners have any regrets over your purchase? Why/ why not? I'm especially interested in the maintenance aspect, or hopefully the lack thereof. Thanks for any info.
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    price hike in the 09's... alot of buzz about the 08 prices staying where they are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linga115
    price hike in the 09's... alot of buzz about the 08 prices staying where they are.
    Yeah, I think it's that way across the board due to the economy. Perhaps I should've worded my post differently; "Should I buy one of these bikes before the price gets out of my range?"
    "Caught my first tube this morning....sir!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I like mine. I bought it because I kept breaking my Trek Fuel and I needed something to ride while Trek keeps replacing my frame. It has quickly become my main ride because I love the way it feels. The rear wheel pooped out on me last week; the freewheel jammed. It's a low-end Shimano. The LBS hooked me up with another wheel to ride as a loaner until it gets fixed through warrantee.

I don't have any regrets, yet. I'll upgrade it as I break it (and won't get it fixed for free).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My wife and I have had our comps (hers is the saffire comp) for 3 months now. It's the middle of winter here in the southern hemisphere and we done a couple of rides in really wet crap weather with no problems at all. Love the bikes