mtbr member
    Sep 2007

2008 Stumpjumper fsr sizing 6'2"

I currently have a 2004 Stumpjumper HT is an XL that still feels huge when I ride. It also has a 90mm stem.

I am concered about about buying an FSR in a Large as i do not want the seat towering over the bars when I ride. I am 6'2" tall with an inseam of 35" so getting a bike that is tall enough without being to long in the top tube or being out of proportion when i ride is a concern.
    Has anyone had this same experiance and will the fit on a large become awkward based on my height. I have checked other manufacturers and they seem to have shorter top tubes in realtion to seat tube height.

mtbr member
    Dude, what are you, all legs? I'm 6'8" and I only have a 36" inseam. Anyway, I have an 07 (XL), and my post is a couple inches higher than my handlebar, but it was about even before I put a flat bar on (I hate risers). I actually prefer the feel of having my handlebar lower than my seat. One of the reasons I chose an 07 over the 08 was the 08 made me feel like I was sitting straight up, which I don't like, but you probably will. You'll need to get on an XL and compare it to the feel of a L.

My girlfriend is 6'1", and my bike feels too long to her even with the seatpost down to where she needs it. If I let her ride my bike she would need a 50mm stem and a riser bar.

ride ride ride
    Apr 2008
    I'm 6" exactly and my inseam is 34".

The thing to know about the SJ is that it has a long wheelbase but the cockpit is actually a tiny bit short. I have a Large; and I'm looking into getting a custom seat post manufactured with additional setback because I feel just a tiny bit cramped on it.

So I'd say you should either really test out the XL or look at another bike altogether.