mtbr member

2008 Specialized StumpJumper FSR Elite

Just bought it today! Looks damn sweet in person. I wasn't too sure about the bronze and black color scheme b/c I was really hooked on the blue 2007 model, but when I saw it in person - it looks really nice. The extra bits and pieces of bronze here and there really add a nice touch. I have to admit, I wanted to get the Giant Trance X since I've only owned Giant bikes (NRS, VT, Trance) over the years, but Specialized has really come through on their FSR lineup!

These are the following upgrades that I'm doing to do over the next few weeks.
    1. SRAM PG 990 cassette
    2. SRAM X.9 rear derailleur
    3. SRAM X.9 shifters

Got it for a steal = $2100
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by guppie; 10-13-2007 at 07:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Nice Ride

Been looking at this and hoping to get one soon. Black/Mag is the way to go and love the complimentary bronze colors on the frame, fork, and rims. Friend of mine just picked it up and loves it. Curious to know where you bought it and how hard you negotiated as $2100 is a phenomenal deal. My buddy got it for $2500.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    $2100 is definitely a terrific price. Un-obtainable in my neck of the woods. In these parts, the comp would go for $2300.

mtbr member
    Let me tell you... The bronze DT Swiis rims, rocker arms, stem, headset cups, and brake levers, and crank arms really look sharp. Although my picture is stock, the Specialized website picture is sharper and clearer and does more justice.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    it looks too clean, hit the trail and get it a bit dirty haha

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The SRAM front derailleur will be a problem since you need an E-type.

2100 is really cheap. Did it fall of a boat or something like that

mtbr member
    Sweet ride that.. I agree about the SRAM front, unless you have some massive desire to get rid of the shimano one, I would keep it on there. I can't imagine for the front it would be THAT much better at shifting the chain!
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up. I really didn't give front derailleur much thought until I went and looked at it.

Just to pick some people's brains about shifters/derailleur... X.9 vs XT? (It will ultimately cost me the same to go with either one). Been using XT for years and years, but I know SRAM has gained alot of respect over the last few years with their X.9 lineup. Nothing wrong with XT, just thought I'd give it a try. However, Shimano finally took note from SRAM and got rid of that funky cable loop in the rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    WTF? I've asked the admins to combine this thread with the other as it somehow posted twice... Sorry guys.

DeForest Stump
    That's a really good looking bike. To save yourself the trouble of deciding what components to switch out, how about selling it to me for 2,200?

Members who have read this thread: 1