mtbr member

2008 Specialized p2, new alex rim

I bought a 2008 p2 3 months ago and its by far the best bike ive ever ridden, strong and worth the money, except for the rims, last week i landed a four foot drop to flat on my stock alex rims, the back wheel crumpled... litterally it also broke on the weld. I was p.o'ed about what people said about the stock rims being crap because i weigh at least 190 and ive beat the stock rims hard and they havn't even bent.. untill last week. Now i see what they meant. I'm one day away from getting a new alex dx 32 rim which has come highly reccomended. Am i getting a good rim? They rebuilt the dx on the stock hub but im sure the secialized hubs are strong so no worries there. Also should i worry about changing the stock front rim? I am a little strepped for cash but if a new front rim is completely nescessary I'll look into it. Looking forward to feed back, thanks

Picture is the bike prior to all updates
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Other Dude
    I have found on my p.1 that i have just smashed the rear wheels, it seems like i do in atleast one cheaper rim a year up at rays MTB park, but thats always from me casing things, i have yet to do anything to the front, except for some minor truing.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net