mtbr member

2008 S-works Stumpy?

So I just went really big and picked up a 2008 S-works Stumpy! Is anyone using there's more as an XC race bike and, if so do you find that you needed a longer stem? I really like the bike and it is really different than my former XCer (angles and setup). So looking to see what everyone has done with theres?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I went with a longer stem and higher rise and love it. I have had the bike since December and had no problems other then wearing out my rear derailer cable. Good luck.
    2008 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR
    2009 Trek Fuel 9.9

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    the brain should be fine on the 08 revamp SJ.however i heard stories about the ones on epic.so you are fine actually.....

mtbr member
    I have 3 rides on my bike now! And overall I'm really happy with it, but I have to say that the $55 Captain tires are a joke! My first and third rides were on terrain that was not that demanding and definitely not ridiculous and I have sliced 2 sides walls and needed 2 new tires! I weigh 145 lbs and am a XC racer, I don't do drops and suicide rock gardens! This is unacceptable! How can "Deadly Nedly" put his name on a piece of equipment that's so worthless?