mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2008 FSR XC Pro cable routing

I'm building a 2008 fsr xc pro, and it's just about done except for the shifter cables and front derailleur. I'm not sure exactly how the cables are supposed to be routed. A few close up pics would really help if anyone has the same bike or if there's a link to the same bike showing the cables. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd sure hate to make a silly mistake and cut my Ride-on cables too short in my haste to get it done. Any input is really appreciated. TIA

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Here's how I route mine:
    Right shifter housing goes to left cable guides
    Left shifter goes to right stopper.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I attached a picture of the cable routing guide on my bike.This is on my 2010 FSR XC Comp. I went 1x9 so i have no front derailleur, but the cable routing went as follows:

Left channel: Front derailleur cable
    Center channel: Rear brake cable
    Right channel: Rear derailleur cable

any other pics that might help you out let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 FSR XC Pro cable routing-img_8270.jpg  

2008 FSR XC Pro cable routing-img_8262.jpg  

2008 FSR XC Pro cable routing-img_8252.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thanks for the info and pics

Thanks guys for the replies and pics; I guess once I realized that the bike runs full housing from shifter to rear derailleur it made more sense. It appears that I will even have enough (barely) housing and liner for the Ride-on cables for front and rear derailleurs. I don't know if I like not having a cable stop along the way, but looks like it will be OK.