mtbr member
    Dec 2009

2008 Epic shocks issues versus new shock designs

Just bought a 2008 Epic Rim model for 1750.00 at the local dealer. After reading alot of posts on the site, I am worried that I will be plagued with the leaking rear shock and brain issues.

Love the bike so far, just wondering if I would be better off with an XC Pro instead for 1799.00? I know they are totally different models, but the Stumpjumpers are a little out of my price range. Just want to make sure I bought the best bike for the price with solid reliability.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The old seal head had inconsistent performance for some of our riders, many performed reliablily until the annual full service, while others did not have the longevity that was needed. This lead to the developement of a new seal head with very solid consistant reliability. These new seal heads have been in use in the field for some time and are all that our service centers use during the annual full service and to take care of customers whom expereinced an issue early on. The service schedule for an 08 Epic shock is an annual/every 150 ride hours full service.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the information Speci.