mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2007 Stumpy FSR Comp wheels

I've had my stumpy for 2 months and just cracked the front wheel rim today, riding a rather benign section of trail. I'm a beginner, ride XC trails, don't do jumps or get air (wish I could though), and only weigh around 155.

Wondering if anyone else experienced problems with these particular wheels. I would hope that new rims generally last longer than this?

Anyone recommend an affordable new front rim/tire as well? thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    that sounds like something that should be covered by the warranty... if not, im scared to pick up my stumpy comp seeing that i weigh 205ish. Overall how have you liked the bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My 07 Elite has the same wheelset and I've beaten the hell out of them for 6 weeks (I'm 6'1" 185lbs) and even with a large number of drops and jumps encountered they are fine. I would think this would be covered under warranty as they are built to be a durable wheelset, not an extra light XC racing/don't you dare try anything like a drop oriented set of wheels. All the components have a one year warranty, you should be fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    That sounds encouraging. From what I've read, I was getting the impression that wheels aren't covered under warranty as they can't verify what you're doing with your bike (like doing 10' drops). I'm going to try & stop by my LBS today.

As for the Stumpy, I'm lovin it. It's my first 'real' mtb bike, so I can't really compare it to any other bike. All I can say is that FS, hydraulic brakes are awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Should be under warranty go back to your LBS and ask. I have the same bike and over a year on the stock wheels and no problems and I am 6ft and was 250lbs now 210lbs. I just upgraded my wheel set with 819Disc wheels, DT comp spokes and Hope Pro II hubs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    HEY Photo.. I am looking at the same bike you have. 07 Stumpy Elite. You mentioned you are 6-1 185ilb. What size Stumpy do you have? I am just a hair short of 6-2 and 185 lbs. Not sure weather to go large or extra large. I tend to be longer legs and shorter torso but don't really like all that seat post. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by THPJ
    HEY Photo.. I am looking at the same bike you have. 07 Stumpy Elite. You mentioned you are 6-1 185ilb. What size Stumpy do you have? I am just a hair short of 6-2 and 185 lbs. Not sure weather to go large or extra large. I tend to be longer legs and shorter torso but don't really like all that seat post. Thanks.
    I ride a large, it feels somewhere in the neighborhood of about a 20" frame as it's a little roomier than my 19" hardtail.