mtbr member

New question here. 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Pro - Fork Question

Looking to pick up an '07 Stumpy FSR Pro frame. I see that the FSR Comp runs a 120mm fork, while the Pro runs up to 140mm. Frame geometry looks the same between the two.

Can I get by (optimally) with a 130mm fork on the Stumpy FSR Pro frame? I'm concerned about geometry, head angles, and all that crazy stuff I don't really understand...

Thanks!
    2015 Specialized FATBOY Easton Carbon Seatpost SRAM X7 Triggers
    2014 Specialized CRUX PRO SRAM 2x10 Force, CG-R Post

mtbr member
    The 2007 SJ FSR Pro runs an adjustable fork - it can be set at 100, 120 or 140 mm.

mtbr member
    While it comes with an adjustable fork, I would believe that your normal height of 130mm to 140mm would be fine. Personally, I like the 140mm length on my Elite. I don't ride in 120mm for very long because the change really is noticable. Is there anyway you can test ride one with a 140mm fork, and then at 120mm?

Eh, if it were me I would just use the 130mm if that's what I had already...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Driver
    While it comes with an adjustable fork, I would believe that your normal height of 130mm to 140mm would be fine. Personally, I like the 140mm length on my Elite. I don't ride in 120mm for very long because the change really is noticable. Is there anyway you can test ride one with a 140mm fork, and then at 120mm?

Eh, if it were me I would just use the 130mm if that's what I had already...
    Thanks. THAT's the answer I was looking for. I've got an '06 FSR XC Pro with a RockShox Recon 351 Air capable of 80, 100, or 130mm. I just need to open up the fork and remove the spacer (makes me a wee bit nervous...).

mtbr member
    Misread your post - I thought that you were picking up the whole bike, not just the frame.

I think that the 130 mm will work well. I alternate between 120 and 140 mm, depending on the type of riding that I am doing, and would actually like to have a 130 mm setting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bauhaus
    Misread your post - I thought that you were picking up the whole bike, not just the frame.

I think that the 130 mm will work well. I alternate between 120 and 140 mm, depending on the type of riding that I am doing, and would actually like to have a 130 mm setting.
    No worries on the misread! Thanks for the update as well. I was just looking for assurance that my 130mm fork would be functional from a geometry perspective on the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pspycho
    Looking to pick up an '07 Stumpy FSR Pro frame. I see that the FSR Comp runs a 120mm fork, while the Pro runs up to 140mm. Frame geometry looks the same between the two.

Can I get by (optimally) with a 130mm fork on the Stumpy FSR Pro frame? I'm concerned about geometry, head angles, and all that crazy stuff I don't really understand...

Thanks!
    I run a RS 426 Revelation (U-Turn / 100-130) on my '07 stumpy pro frame and works great.