mtbr member

New question here. 2007 Marzocchi 66 on Enduro

Hi Guys,

I have a 2006 Enduro Expert, and I've just upgraded with a 8.75x2.75 DHX 3.0 coil (before was a 8.5x2.5 DHX 5 Air).
    The head angle is now 67.4, and travel 170mm

A 07 Marzocchi 66 ATA 180mm fork can be a good idea? How much is the length of this fork? (now I have a 160mm 07 FOX 36 Talas lenght 545mm).

Here's my bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The 07 66SL ATA is an excellent fork, would also consider it for my Enduro as well. The height I think is around 565mm, would slacken the HA by about another degree, which would be great for descending and you can decrease travel for climbing if need be.

mtbr member
    I have now a 2007 36 Talas Fork. Is a top fork, but with the 66SL ATA I'll have more travel and a more slacked geometry

Thank's for your advice
    Last edited by Stee65; 02-14-2007 at 04:50 AM.

1:18
    You're not serious are you? The bike itself yet now looks like a chopper with unusual tall BB, I wouldn't put another 20 mm of fork on it...

mtbr member
    Yes this it's true. This is the problem I've focused now I don't have problems to drive it, but a cm again
    I'd like to get a freeride bike with also climbing use, but would be very expensive changing the frame with a SX one.

I wonder if I can do it with my actual Enduro frame, but there's the BB height problem!!!

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Stee65
    I wonder if I can do it with my actual Enduro frame, but there's the BB height problem!!!
    That is what I have found by going bigger on forks to slacken angles; the BB comes up which means the rider does too.

For me it meant a more and less stable ride. Kinda weird.

This maybe ok for FR, but for XC and fast downhills, I think design specific frame is a better answer.

Mr. P

mtbr member
    I made an estimated measure with 2 cm thickness under the front wheel, result: BB height 380 mm!

This is less a Santa VP Free but more than a SX Trail

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I want to go with the 06 SL since it has a bit less travel and will keep the frame from getting too slackened out. I also have the 8.75 x 2.75...sweet shock from what little trail riding I've gotten in so far.

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    Sweet bike. I have the 07 model. picked it up last wednesday.