mtbr member
    Jul 2007

New question here. 2007 Fsr Xc Sizing

Hi, I have a question about the FSR XC sizing. I am a bit of a tweener between the medium and the small. I am 5'6" with a 30 inch inseam and was wandering which would be my best fit. The LBS said its better to go with the small with the longer stem if needed than the medium with a shorter stem. The stock medium felt a little too stretched out and the small didn't feel too bad. Just wandering what you would recomend or what heights and sizes you are riding. Thanks

RTG
    mtbr member
    Not really that usefull but im 6'1" and i got the Large whereas i had to choose between L/XL. Smaller is always better for easier manouverability but most importantly decide on how comfortable you are on the bike. If M feels to big and S feels alright, then go for S. I don't know how old you are (so perhaps will be growing more) and how long you plan on using this bike, but that might be something to keep in mind.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9 1/2" with a 32" inseam or so. The instant I walked in the lbs I was told I was a medium. I've ridden a medium FSRxc since. I had a Stumpy HT 18" and felt stretched out though. I like the handling of what I have but never rode a L FSRxc.

Granted, when I went to No. Cal. and rented a Stumpy FSR, they told me I should ride a large!

mtbr member
    I am 5'10 and hace a 2004 fsr xc medium. It's very comfortable and even has a pretty long stem. I'de say go for a medium. It's better to have a bike a bit to big than to small. Can't do much to it if it's cramped. BTW my fsr xc is for sale, cheap.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and I ride a medium. I definitely noticed the more stretched-out stance, but I'm used to it and the bike does fit me nicely. I would not want it to be any little bit larger, though. The small would have been fine with a longer stem, etc.

The medium might also have larger rotors (pretty sure it does on the '08).

Another thing to consider is your riding style. If you tend to use a lot of body movement to help rotate/corner, etc. the small will make it easier for you.