Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2007 Enduro SL Pro seat

574 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lipps64 
#1 ·
Picking up my new 2007 SL Enduro Pro (aluminium) early next week :-

Sounds a bit of a daft question as I'm typing this, but on the theme of the Enduro SL Pro seat size options; is there a general rule of thumb that can be applied to choice here when selecting the most appropriate size of the seat model supplied with the bike?

For example, I am 14 Stone, have a "regular man in his 40's 'padded' butt-shape":blush: and tend to spend a couple of hours between stop-offs in the saddle on general trail riding. In the past because I have muscled thighs I have veered away from comfort-shaped saddles for trail riding and opted for quite hard and slim XC/racing bike style saddles and have relied on well padded shorts and middle-aged spread to provide cushioning/a degree of comfort (which apart from knumbing my butt after a while, enables efficient pedalling and the ability to get up and off and back on the saddle easily when approaching more technical or downwards incline riding areas) - When I viewed the bike in the shop and have referred back to on-line photos, certainly the Specialized design of seat which is to be supplied, appears to be much more padded and providing more comfort-aimed design shape than what I am accustomed to (this can only be a good thing!)

A two hour test stint on a trail is an unlikely option to be offered, so is there any general rule of thumb that can be applied towards saddle choice? It would be good to hear any general feedback on experince of the stock saddle (ie, have Specialized got it about right for most riders on this model of bike or have past buyers of this bike swapped the seat for an alternative; if so, what has been considered to fit the bill?)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.