mtbr member
    Sep 2009

2007 enduro s-work size

Hey bro out there.. Just want to ask if M size 2007 enduro s-work is suitable for me? I'm 5'11" .. Thx in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    probably. some say that Spec run big.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    probably. some say that Spec run big.
    wat u mean by the spec run big?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Enduro size

I have a 2010 s works enduro medium. My weight is 180 lbs. and i am 5ft 10 inch tall. the bike fits me perfect. Try a large frame and the bike feels much bigger than a medium frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    so the geometry for 07 enduro n 10 enduro is about the same??

mtbr member
    I say rather than "big", specialized bikes tend to run closer to normal/traditional sizes. Although as was brought up in another thread here recently, the traditional sizing may mean nothing for some of these modern machines.

But, in the specific case of the 2007-2009 Enduros, I'd say the medium is pretty close to what in the past would be referred to as a "17inch". My bike shop referred to it as a small-medium, since nowadays many companies like Giant, have mediums that can run a little big.

I'm 5'9' and with slight build. The medium SL fits me perfectly, much like a traditional 17 inch hardtail does. whereas my Giant VT2 in medium always felt just a little bit big.

I'd say at 5'11', you are in a borderline zone. You may enjoy the smallness of a medium. Or you could be cramped and need a large with a little more room to spread out. I guess you'll have to do some test rides! ; )

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Transition year...

'07 was a "Transition" year, in which Specialized sold Both the Enduro (like mine), and the Enduro SL (whole different frame type). If the bike in question is NOT an SL, it should be a good fit. If it IS, disregard my input!

I am 5'11" and my '07 S-Works Enduro is a really great size for me. The former owner, like me, COULD ride a Large, but uses a "set-back" version of the stock seat post to open up the cockpit. This leaves me with a perfect fit and the advantage of a smaller frame when riding switchbacks and the like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dual Squishy...
    As a traditionally medium sized bike rider, I found the medium 2007 Enduro too small in the cockpit. At 5'9" w/ a 30" inseam, the large felt far better. Maybe because of the slacker than XC geometry. My Epic and Bontrager are medium sized and feel right, but the Enduro large was the right fit for that bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    any bro here have the geometry for 2007 enduro s-works

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by arisdragon
    any bro here have the geometry for 2007 enduro s-works
    are you talking about the SL or non SL version?

non SL: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...id=07Enduro_SX

SL: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...sid=07EnduroSL

what is your inseam?

what kind of riding do you do? (more technical then go smaller (Med), more XC maybe go for a large)

Does you LBS have anyone that has gone through fitment training? What I'm getting at is there are specific angles your legs/back are supposed to be in for pedaling efficiency. If you could get the bike to you LBS they could tell you if it actually fits you properly.

I'm 6'1 and ride a Large SL, my buddy which is 5'10 rides it and likes the fit, but he has a 33in inseam (so more like a large inseam). I would think since you are border line on fitment, go with the Med and change your cockpit around to fit you best.
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm 5'-10" with a 32" inseam and ride the medium sl. I have always found it a bit cramped for xc trails but once it's pointed down hill Its perfect.