mtbr member
    May 2005

2007 Bighit II Feedback

Anyone have any ride time on the new Bighit II ?? I'm interested in your feedback. Also, is the Domain fork worth keeping on the bike or did you upgrade to something else?

Much appreciated....Dave

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Got mine last winter and been riding it a lot since. Moved from a basic xc/mtb bike because I wanted to ride a bit harder stuff with drops,step ups and all that stuff. The bike gave me more confidence in riding terrain that i could with the previous bike, like "medium" sized drops, fast downhill, and all sorts of terrain you wouldnt/couldnt ride xc/am bike with. All the components are still working like they should, no bent rims. The chain guide works OK, it just needs to be adjusted guite regurarly but thats it. Juicy 3īs on my bike work, no bleeding done yet only basic maintenance like calibrating them. Specialized have chosen really good budget parts for this bike, totally happy with them! Except the fork..

Domain is ok when riding small drops on a trail but I upgraded it into a travis 203 with Ti spings, and the the ride quality just went up, sky high!! Upgrade the fork.

Also the fox van r rear shox needs to be upgraded if you are doing high drops like 10ft. it bottoms out, a dhx with more than 2,75 of stroke is on my shopping list (works better with a 203mm front).

Overall the bighit2 is REALLY good value for your money, and a good platform to upgrade.