mtbr member

2006 Triad on 2005 Stumpy FSR?

Interesting that the Septune has been dropped from the 2006 range in favour of the Triad. Does anyone know if the 2006 Triad is gonna be suitable for retro-fit onto a 2005 Stumpjumper 120? If so - would you like to guess at the cost?

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

Good question...

You would think the 06 specific Triad would fit the 05 Stumpy if the shock length is the same. I know you couldn't replace the Septune with an out of the box RP3 last year because shock length for Spec was different than standard Fox product. Since Spec has switched back to the Triad and not increased shock travel it appears to be a viable option...maybe. Now if they could only increase wear resistance on the lower DU bushing...

mtbr member
    May 2004

I'm interested in hearing more about this option as well...

I'm not that bummed with my septune, but I would love to have a lockout on my FSR 120.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Yeah...

I'll bet it'd work. shocks are pretty much interchangeble on XC bikes.

Ez

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I think so....

I just got a new 2006 RP3 for my Stumpy 100. In the manual, they show the Triad Shock for the Specialized bike. The manual states the Triad is for the 2006 Stumpjumper 120 and the FSR XC bikes.

Here is the link to the manual pdf file:

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...arShock_en.pdf

Page 25......

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Today I have got new Fox Triad and first ride on my Stumper 120 shows that propedal is alittle more firmer than 7th position on Septune. Rebound with 8 clicks have much bigger range to quickness and too to slowness.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyXXX
    Today I have got new Fox Triad and first ride on my Stumper 120 shows that propedal is alittle more firmer than 7th position on Septune. Rebound with 8 clicks have much bigger range to quickness and too to slowness.
    So, what do you think, was it worth it?

I can't imagine going back to a shock with only one propedal level. I use three of the seven all the time depending of the trail conditions, and the dead zone when descending.
    Last edited by plussa; 09-10-2005 at 10:27 AM.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyXXX
    Does that mean you replaced an '05 Septune with a new '06 Triad? I'd be very interested in (1) how you did that (called specialized?), and (2) how much it cost. Thanks!!!!

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkdog
    Does that mean you replaced an '05 Septune with a new '06 Triad? I'd be very interested in (1) how you did that (called specialized?), and (2) how much it cost. Thanks!!!!

Triad is not available as aftermarket part from Fox or S. It only comes with the bike.

"Furruccio....Bite Me!"
    Just noticed there is a Triad for sale in the classifieds.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    a good question Plussa, now I can not deside. lock out is for me very good - I like ride too on asphalt. How I wrote, propedal on Triad is firmer than 7th position on Septune and on that I used 3 different positions. Triad has "open mode" with less compression rebound or how is it possible that it goes more in to travel. To pedal in "open mode" is more unefective.

Barkdog, it was total fortunately - in shop in Bratislava had one defect Septune and Spec. send back new Triad - that man became SPV and Triad I bought for 11000 SKK that is cca 350 USD.