Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    70

    New question here. 2006 Hardtail line

    Does Anyone have Any information about the 06 Specialized hardtail's?
    I'm in the market for a new one...
    Thanks

    Ez

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    '04 Specialized Hardrock Pro Disk - SS Conversion: 175mm FMF BMX Crank w/Salsa 34x16, UN-73 BB, Eggbeaters, Pazzaz 2014 Stem, Bontrager Bar, Odi Ruffian lockons, LX Lever/Mech Disk, Nashbar SS hub/Mavic 217 SUP, 00' RS SID SL, Cane Creek S-2

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    70
    I was talking about the Stumpjumper, that new Rock Hopper looks like a piece of overpriced Crap.

  4. #4
    RFKA Coldsnap
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    655
    That's the 05 Rockhopper Pro Disc there on Spesh's site. They're really dropping the ball on keeping their site actually up to date.....should just roll out updated info when it's ready for public consumption and not string us along.
    [SIZE=1]EXTREEM MEDIUM MOUNTAINSTYLE SLOPCROSS STEEDS:
    '06 Iron Horse 7Point3 w/888RC + Roco
    '05 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc FR-Pimped
    '92 Specialized HardRock Pink-Retro-XC-Pimped[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    76
    same as 05 as far as i know , not much changes except an s-works full carbon frame sj ht in the line up

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Butter Topping
    That's the 05 Rockhopper Pro Disc there on Spesh's site. They're really dropping the ball on keeping their site actually up to date.....should just roll out updated info when it's ready for public consumption and not string us along.
    this is what I get from uk site
    "Sorry, we couldn't not find that section, please choose from the menu again."

    so they are keeping the info from us !
    Steve

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    76
    the '06 dealer book shows a carbon stumpy ht, a carbon epic , and a carbon sj fsr...those are s-works bikes, other then that it looks like the rest of the line stays the same with color changes of course.......man i love the asthetics of the sj ht...if only they made it in a 29er....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    87

    New Rockhopper

    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z11
    I was talking about the Stumpjumper, that new Rock Hopper looks like a piece of overpriced Crap.
    I note that the Rockhopper is now sporting a 130mm travel fork. Is it moving away from it's traditional XC bias toward being Spesh's hard hitting hardtail?

    Hopefully, UK versions will have hydraulic discs and proper SPD pedals.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by curbdestroyer666
    the '06 dealer book shows a carbon stumpy ht, a carbon epic , and a carbon sj fsr...those are s-works bikes, other then that it looks like the rest of the line stays the same with color changes of course.......man i love the asthetics of the sj ht...if only they made it in a 29er....
    What kind of color changes? and how much do they weigh?

    EZ

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wakeboy21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21

    rockhopper pro

    rockhopper pro disc is an insane bike buddy, great suspension and its more off an all mountain bike so do be saying its crap becasue it doesnt suit your style of ridding

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by PJMatthes
    I note that the Rockhopper is now sporting a 130mm travel fork. Is it moving away from it's traditional XC bias toward being Spesh's hard hitting hardtail?

    Hopefully, UK versions will have hydraulic discs and proper SPD pedals.
    yes it does, Avid Juicy 5's though the Uk web site says some models have BB-5's - they don't

    Are the Avid's better than last years Shimano's - Juicy's seem spongier - not quite the 1 or 2 finger grip !
    Steve

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,116
    The SJ Hardtails come with a 90 mm Fox fork this year as opposed to 80 mm. 1 whole cm.

    Do the Al hardtails share the wishbone seatstay design of the Ca frames?

Similar Threads

  1. Trade-offs in anti-squat suspension theory
    By derby in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
  2. 2006 Marzocchi Suspension Intro - Austria
    By Photo-John in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
  3. Deer Valley Race Reports (long- 3 races:DS, SD, DH)
    By sunnyracegirl in forum Passion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 03:36 PM
  4. PDirts pu$$y line
    By SHIVER ME TIMBERS in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:55 AM
  5. fr hardtail
    By spitfire in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •