mtbr member
    Dec 2009

2004 specialized stumpjumper m4.. please help!!

Hello to all,

a friend of mine is selling me a 2004 stumpjumper m4 with x9 drivetrain, truvativ crank, easton carbon flat bar, sram attack twist shifters, and a lot of upgrades to mention... the question is... do this bike worth 700 dlls???? please help...

cougarbait
    please list complete details for accurate appraisal
    also, either he is lying or you are mistaken because sram attack shifters and X.9 RD are incompatible.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Not enough information given. Also, read post #2.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    thanks for reply... he says it has x9 attack twist shifters, mavic wheels, easton carbon handlebar, truvativ crank, sram x9 drivetrain, fox float 80 rl, keenda small block tires, sette saddle, crank brothers egg beater pedals, xt vbrakes, thompson seatpost and ritchey stem... thanks! oh and he says it weights about 24 lbs

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker1987
    thanks for reply... he says it has x9 attack twist shifters, mavic wheels, easton carbon handlebar, truvativ crank, sram x9 drivetrain, fox float 80 rl, keenda small block tires, sette saddle, crank brothers egg beater pedals, xt vbrakes, thompson seatpost and ritchey stem... thanks! oh and he says it weights about 24 lbs
    we need specifics, with years of the parts if possible
    for example, there are $200 mavic wheels and there are $800 mavic wheels. if the float is 4 years old it will be worth little, whereas a 09 float would add significant value to the bike.
    maybe some pictures would help

there are no such things as "x9 attack twist shifters"
    does he mean PG990 cassette and PG991 chain?? the only X9 parts SRAM makes are the derailleurs and shifters
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    we need specifics, with years of the parts if possible
    for example, there are $200 mavic wheels and there are $800 mavic wheels. if the float is 4 years old it will be worth little, whereas a 09 float would add significant value to the bike.
    maybe some pictures would help

there are no such things as "x9 attack twist shifters"
    does he mean PG990 cassette and PG991 chain?? the only X9 parts SRAM makes are the derailleurs and shifters
    Not to completely disagree with you but Sram does also mark there cassettes by x.(whatever). Case in Point a PG990 cassette says X.0 on the box.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

wafflemaster
    Jan 2004
    Keep looking around. I think $700 is too much for a 5 yr old HT. Odds are your friend can't sell it for that price on ebay.
    wafflemaster!

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Not to completely disagree with you but Sram does also mark there cassettes by x.(whatever). Case in Point a PG990 cassette says X.0 on the box.
    oh
    I have never seen them referred to that before.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Sounds like your friend is a little overly optimistic - not a "friend" price for that bike. To give you one example, a good friend sold me a 3-4 year old bike in 2005 (that originally retailed for about $2K) for $400. That's a "friend" price. Not to mention it was a full suspension bike. Make him a lowball offer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdamaster
    oh
    I have never seen them referred to that before.
    Even I thought it was strange at the time but I sware when we put a PG990 on my friends bike new from the LBS the box said X.0 in the corner.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Even I thought it was strange at the time but I sware when we put a PG990 on my friends bike new from the LBS the box said X.0 in the corner.
    if the 990 is X.0 then what is the X.9??
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    No idea
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Seems too expensive for something that old.