mtbr member

2003 Stumpjumper fsr bracket help

I broke my rear fsr bracket that the shock mounts on. Has anyone had to replace this, where have you purchased it? I was also wondering if somebody makes a bracket to increase the rear travel?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hi,
    I decided to mount one of these.

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co...s+and+Upgrades

Here it is ..

It's a nice, well made bit of kit although quite expensive. It allows you to set your rear shock in 2 positions 100mm & 130mm. I have a Talas 90-130 front fork so I can set both 2 130mm without upsetting the geo of the bike.

It weigh's bit more than your existing bracket but unless you're a weight weenie then the benefits will outweigh the weight ......

To fit the link you will need to remove the lower shock bush, which is a bit of a pain but i'm sure your LBS will help.

mtbr member
    Thanks i will check them out. I'm in the US so I wonder what shipping times are like? Has anyone in the US ordered from them and how long did it take to arrive?

kAZ
    mtbr member
    I have a 2003 Stumpy FSR, and in about 2004 I bought the BETD swing link that is at the top of the link posted by mrloneranger. I can't recall how long it took to deliver, but I do think it took a little while. They were pretty responsive via email though. I expect that they could quote you on delivery.

Just to note a couple of things. I ended up setting mine where it is shown in the pic on the link. I tried the other settings, but they were ridiculous; way too high. Also, after about a year or so the aluminum bushing that came with the link wore out. I subsequently bought from them a stainless steel bushing. IIRC, it was a little pricey, and the weight was not super welcome, but I've ridden with this setup ever since and it still feels tight.