Life is Good

2002 Enduro Rear Shock Compatibility

I'm hopin someone can help me out here.

I'm looking to bid on a new Fox TALAS rear shock off of ebay. The seller says it measures 210 mm from eye to eye.

I have a 2002 Specialized Enduro. Will this shock fit? Will I be able to buy reducers to make it fit? I've never upgraded a rear shock before and I don't know how it works, especially in the light of the fact that it is an ebay auction.

The shock was taken off of a Trek Liquid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Fox-Racing-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for any and all help

mtbr member
    a 210mm is 8 1/4" i2i that is on the long side for an enduro. what you need is the 7.875 i2i. stock shock is 7.65 there is no direct replacement unless you contact Push. A 7.5 i2i will fit but you will lose travel and with the 7.875 you should run the linkage in the slack setting, this will give you a head angle somewhere between the slack and steep setting w/ stock shock. also a 7.875x2.25 will give you about 5.8-5.9" of rear travel.

Are you talking to me?

You do not need a replacement.

Instead, have it PUSHed at www.pushindustries.com

They will strip it's guts out, replace the damping circuit, valve it for your weight and riding style, ad rebuild the seals for about $160 or so.

That is TOTALLY the way to go.
    gfy

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Judd97
    I'm hopin someone can help me out here.

I'm looking to bid on a new Fox TALAS rear shock off of ebay. The seller says it measures 210 mm from eye to eye.

I have a 2002 Specialized Enduro. Will this shock fit? Will I be able to buy reducers to make it fit? I've never upgraded a rear shock before and I don't know how it works, especially in the light of the fact that it is an ebay auction.

The shock was taken off of a Trek Liquid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Fox-Racing-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for any and all help
    The ITCH you have on there is an awesome shock as it is. Having the ability to change from 4 to 5.5 inches with the flick of a switch is nice. Each travel adjustment has it's own feel too. I tried a coil shock, but went back to the ITCH due to the versatility.

PUSH may be the way to go, but I wonder if they would keep the travel adjustments intact, or take it apart and set it at one length.

-Dan
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

mtbr member
    I had the Float RL with ITCH switch from my 02 Enduro PUSH'ed last summer. The travel adust of the ITCH switch was left intact, they just had to remove the lock-out. I can't say enough about the improvement in ride from the PUSH mods, go for it.

Life is Good
    I let the auction slide. It went at 146 or something.

I love the ITch but I kinda wanted a lockout option.

I wonder if I could find an old ITch RL floating around.

Oh well, if PUSH comes to shove (gags) I can always get it pushed.

Thanks for all the help!