mtbr member
    Aug 2009

2001 Enduro Expert HARDTAIL! replacement available??

Hello all! This is my first post on this great site, unfortunately its not under the greatest of circumstances. After a few years off I have been getting back to ripping up some trail and recently got my bike freshend up and ready to ride once again. Unfortunately, my first ride in almost 3 years, my beloved Enduro HT has busted. The seatstay and chainstay on the non drive train side have both broken through entirely. Even though I am the original owner I cannot prove it without a p.o.p. so Specialized has been kind enough to leave me out to dry. Well, that sucks.

I loved this frame so much that I am either going too look into having it welded up OR see if I can find an 8year old rare frame. Tall order, but I figured if anywhere, this site woudl be the place to get a line on a used frame. Anybody have any thoughts??

here is the bike Im talking about...

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...t+HT&Type=bike

Im upset with Specialized, however the bike gave me such great rides for such a longtime I suppose I should not be.

Anyhow, thats my story, any thoughts welcome!

Ride on!!
    sean
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006

2001 enduro 17 ht

I have one for sale. Let me know if your still looking!

29 some of the time...
    Wow, bummer on that one. I have had a couple of those frames and really liked them. The new Rockhopper is similar in ride attributes and can be picked up 2nd hand for minimal investment. Or you could just buy a new one. 8 years isn't a bad run on an alloy frame, they do fatigue.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.