mtbr member
    Jan 2009

2000 or 2001 FSR Enduro linkage

Does anyone know of a source for a '00 or '01 FSR Enduro link? I have a saved search on Ebay that has been running forever with no luck. My LBS has nothing as well. I am trying to upgrade my '99 FSR to get a little more travel.

Link is this one:

Thanks,
    Kevin

Waiting for peace
    That's going to be difficult to find anywhere! Call Hippie Tech or Spec. World Headquarters or one of the really old bike shops in town.... those are your best bets for, at least, getting an idea of where you might be able to track one down..... Good Luck!!

Hic-A-Doo-La!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I am looking to not spend a fortune on an older bike so that rules out buying a Risse or BETD link.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Unfortunately you won't find many places doing aftertmarket links for that frame. The only place i know which was mentioned before is 'mountainbikecomponents' and the BETD link.

In this world, the older the product, the more expensive and harder to find a replacement part is and especially a bike one at that, so you can't be too picky on price.

Nice to see someone else with a retro bike though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    If you change the the shock for a longer travel one wouldnt you get more travel? I have the same frame and was thinking of changing the already blew shock for a 7.25"x1.75" Monarch, the original one is 6.5"x1.5". I figured that you can get a ratio of 4.7":1.5"= 3.13":1" so with the new shock you would get 1.75"x3.13"=5.5" of travel. Am i right? I really like this bike it has been with me since 2001 and would not like to sell the frame. I saw the BETD link but since i have to rebuild o buy a new shock i cant afford to get both.
    My other option is simply buying a new shock in the original size 6.5x1.5, forget about getting more travel and ride as happy as ever.

Gallilei
    Not sure if anyone is still looking for a link, but I designed and milled a link for these bikes. I made only one, and the bike I put it on fell from a moving car and is no longer usable. I am considering buying another frame to use this part on, but I would consider selling for a good price. We built the link from 6061-T6 aluminum, and it was milled from one solid piece of metal on a CNC machine. I added an additional location to mount the shock, giving the stock suspension a much more plush feel, and I reduced the travel of the stock mounting location by a small degree, stiffening the rear end a lot for climbs. The part was so strong that it broke everything that was connected to it, but I ran a tap and die set through and everything is straight and sharp. Minor cosmetic damage. PM me if interested, my files are too large to post so here is a link to see them:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...E0&usp=sharing

Aluminum cost was 25, Anodizing cost one case of beer, and the labor was a few hours but didn't actually cost anything. I bought a box of HoloKrome Alloy Steel bolts for the lower shock eyelet, this is the bolt that takes the most abuse in the entire suspension system. I have replaced the bolt twice, the first time I had an inferior alloy from a different maufacturer. I bent one HoloKrome bolt on a hard landing, just enough that when you roll it on a flat surface it left a small light gap and didn't roll smoothly. So I have a box of those bolts which are double oversize from the manufacturer. These old systems fail after repeated compression of the shock (say ten years worth :P ), my system is by far strong enough to handle any landing that wouldn't break your legs because the weak point is the central bolt that is as strong as you can make it. I have a bunch of these bolts left because they do not need to be replaced unless you accidentally go too hard down a trail, you should never really need to replace it but always grease the crap out of it. I will include the roller bearings too because they are designed to fit only in this model year suspension setup.

Also, if anyone has a frame that they aren't using because this shock lever arm was bent, let me know. I might buy it and rebuild myself an FSR!

EDIT: The link is on a 1999 FSR Elite, but it will fit on 99-00 FSR, as well as 00-01 FSR Enduro. per BETD specs.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." -Thomas Jefferson, 1787.