mtbr member
    Dec 2007

1x9 gearing on 07 FSR help.....

I m looking into going to 1x9 gearing on my 07 FSR and was wondering if anybody has anything good thats worked for them....so far Im thinking about a bashguard/N-Gear combo up front keeping the stock 32T chainring.....any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Calm Like a Bomb
    i'm good with a 34t front...11-32t rear....i would take a look at which gears u use on your next trail ride and go from there
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

mtbr member
    I run 32T with bashguard/ngear up front and 11-34 in the rear. I love this combination and the simplicity of it. I wish I could find a short cage SRAM rear derailleur to complete the transformation.

I had problems bending the granny and middle rings when I had three rings up front. Once I was committed to 1x9 and got a new crankset, I sold all three rings and installed a singlespeed 32T. This is much beefier than a ramped and pinned 32T.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ...either of you running something to keep the chain from popping off?......

mtbr member
    Ngear on the inside.
    Bashguard on the outside.

My chain has come of twice and only in the most extreme situations.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ....just ordered the N-Gear and an Ethirteen bashguard.....hopefully it will be good......

Come on, dare me!
    I've used the Rohloff chainguide on my hardtail (no bashguard) with success. I was looking for something light and it's 60 g (+/- 2 oz), so...

Jerome