mtbr member
    Sep 2009

1x9 chainguide with epic carbon setup anyone?

Hi,

I have a 2010 epic carbon expert and was looking at running it as a 1x9. I have a MRP 1.x chain guide on my old bike but cannot see how it would fit on the new bike with the oversized BB. With the press fit bearings the granny sits inboard of the right hand side of the BB. Anyone running a 1x9? How have you set it up?

Cheers

mtbr member
    e.13 and mrp both announced that they will be making a seat tube mounted xc chain guide. you'll have to use one of these for the pressed in bb. i have a 2010 expert 29er carbon ht that may be getting one.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/mrp-ann...1x-chainguide/

cougarbait
    does the epic have a standard seat tube?? a lot of DMD carbon bikes don't.
    you can go for the double-thin bashguard sandwich if all else fails
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    No standard tube. Wonky direct mount thing. The mrp tubes look the business. Pity they won't be out for a while

The Other Dude
    hopefully you can drop it down low enough. I too went to a 1x9 on my Stumpy 29er Carbon, i thought it could just a 3rd eye chain watcher, but with the oversized bb, it wont allow it to go low enough. I have heard you can modify a phil wood clamp and get theirs to work.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net