mtbr member
    Sep 2008

142+ hub Epic comp 29

Does anybody know if these hubs are sold seperately?
    I have a set of American Classic that I wanted to use on my 2011 epic comp 29, but it looks like I need to change the hub. Would prefer to change the complete hub, and then have an extra set of wheels, but I am not sure they are sold seperately.

Cheers

\m/ \m/
    The S-Works frames are being sold with Specialized Hi Lo 142+ rear hubs. If you wait until the frames are released in December I'll bet you'll be able to find some of them on eBay.

Also: http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/...=p3286.c0.m282
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Will this be your only rear wheel or is it for a spare wheel?

I ask because ANY X12 142 hub will work but if you're also running a Specialized wheel also that's when you'll run into issues as you'll have to adjust the rear derailleur for the 142+ spacing.

Check the bottom of THIS PAGE on Syntace's website for all compatible hubs.

In fact, your hub may be convertible. I see an American Classic hub listed there as being convertible anyway.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the info. I planned on having a spare wheelset for training, and then using the lighter wheelset for racing. But it seems like I will use the AC wheelset all the time then, and then keep the other set for wintertraining.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Converting hubs to 142

I can do alot of work on my bikes, but I typically steer clear of hubs.So forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I read the Syntace page about 4 times. I have some Hope Pro II hubs that I would like to convert to 142 to use on my Epic EVO-R that I have on order.

Can someone help me with exactly what I need to purchase to convert Hope hubs? I can't figure it out.

Sorry for being so dense.
    [

mtbr member
    I would contact your dealer or Hope. According to THIS page it looks like there should be a conversion kit available.

Here's an exploded view of the PRO II hub that should help you with installation.

Cheers!

Edit: I just looked closer at the pdf I attached. It also lists part numbers. That should make ordering what you need easier. Looks like item #'s 20, 21 and 22 (part #'s HUB425, HUB217 and HUB426).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by goneskiian; 10-27-2010 at 01:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Like goneskiian said, Hope offer a 142 version of their hub. Bonus is that you can always change it back to another standard to place said hub on another bike later. Damn good hubs by the way. If you are not in a hurry, you could opt to wait till around mid January when their new Pro2 Evo hubs will be available and do a nice little upgrade to their 9-36 10speed setup, comes out roughly 20grams lighter than an XO (single speed up front).