Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

130mm talas on `04 epic

415 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Richardt 
#1 ·
I've got a `04 epic pro frame on the way.. I was planning to switch my components from my current ride to the epic, included in that is my `06 talas that adjusts from 90-130mm. While i can set the fork to the 100mm that is specced for the epic and be perfectly happy does anyone have any thoughts on how 130mm would affect the ride of the bike?

#3 ·
neilster1 said:
I've got a `04 epic pro frame on the way.. I was planning to switch my components from my current ride to the epic, included in that is my `06 talas that adjusts from 90-130mm. While i can set the fork to the 100mm that is specced for the epic and be perfectly happy does anyone have any thoughts on how 130mm would affect the ride of the bike?
It will change the head angle and in return, the rest of the geometry of the bike. How will it handle? In brief; worse clinbing, better descending. By running 130mm forks on the epic you'll be compromising one of its best assets- its climbing ability...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.