fliernh
    Aug 2008

'13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29 fork?

I just received my '13 SJ FSR Expert Carbon 29 with a "FOX TALAS CTD Performance 29 series fork". I have been unable to find a manual for this fork on the Specialized web site and I don't see anything that is called that on the Fox Web site. I know the fork is modified for Spec.

Anyone have any idea where to find a manual for this fork showing set-up, etc.? Bike shop says it must be on the web site.

Thanks much.
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    fliernh,

I have SJ 09 Expert Carbon and looking to purchase the 2013 SJ FSR Expert 29 so would be very interested in your comments on what you are finding the differences to be and it is worth the upgrade to the 2013 model.

Tks in advance.

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
    Thanks much, Guess I was having a few senior moments. Much appreciated.

Mark
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchief View Post
    fliernh,

I have SJ 09 Expert Carbon and looking to purchase the 2013 SJ FSR Expert 29 so would be very interested in your comments on what you are finding the differences to be and it is worth the upgrade to the 2013 model.

Tks in advance.
    I would say after only two rides, the differences are those normally associated with going from 26 to 29. It is more stable on all terrain, I find average speed is more than 1 mph faster than before on same trails, not as lively as the 26 but just solid. Just switched the tires to tubeless so I will try that today.

So far I am very happy, though I will be keeping my SJ 26 as well. Glad I made the purchase! Hope that helps.

Mark
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fliernh View Post
    I would say after only two rides, the differences are those normally associated with going from 26 to 29. It is more stable on all terrain, I find average speed is more than 1 mph faster than before on same trails, not as lively as the 26 but just solid. Just switched the tires to tubeless so I will try that today.

So far I am very happy, though I will be keeping my SJ 26 as well. Glad I made the purchase! Hope that helps.

Mark
    Mark,

Thanks for that

Have you made any other changes other than going tubeless, or is just the stock bike. Are you looking to make changes, if so, what in particular?

I am considering changing the wheelset to Stan Hopes Flow as I have found them to be much stronger than the stock spec' wheels which seem to give up after 12 months of abuse.

Rich.

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
    This page only provides initial air pressure settings but no guidance on the adjustments that the fork has or where some starting points are. It provides those things for the shock but not the fork. Seems like there should be a manual that provides some guidance on settings for types of riding etc.

Am I missing something on that page? Thanks for any input.

Mark

Edit: I think I just got it. The rebound and Compression for both shock and forks are on the same chart, I thought that was just for Shocks. Thanks
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    Glad I could help.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact