otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004

120 Stumpy & Kenda Nevegal

I'm interested in running Kenda Nevegals on my 120Stumpy. Which size do you think will be a better fit for my bike, 2.1 or the 2.35 version?

I like a wide tire and the Adreneline Pro 2.0 is pretty wide for its claimed size. The Adreneline Pro 2.0 is actually wider than some 2.35's I've seen. Can the same be said for the Nevegal?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    They will both fit. I run the 2.1 front and rear currently and really like them. I did run a 2.35 Blue Groove in front at first but did not like its performance on loose terrain and went to the Nevegal. There were no problems with fitment at all. The BG has 4 easy rides on it if your interested.
    It's a Sledgehammer...

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

The Nevergal StikE's run pretty true to stated size...

if not just a tad large. From what I have seen the run between 2.35 and 2.39, pretty much dead on. They should fit on your Stumpy.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Two wheels are best
    I've been running 2.1 stick-e's on mine for about a year now.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

otbmbc.com
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DM-SC
    I've been running 2.1 stick-e's on mine for about a year now.
    Are they wider or the same as the stock Adreneline Pro 2.0?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Are they wider or the same as the stock Adreneline Pro 2.0?
    Mine measured the same, about 2.15 or so.
    It's a Sledgehammer...

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

Nevegal's better than Adrenalines?

Just curious, if any of you have ridden both the Nevegal and the Adrenaline. I like the performance of the Adrenaline Pro 2.0 so far, but it is getting time to replace. I was thinking of another pair of these or the Nevegals. Ride east coast singletrack. Any preferences or suggestions?

mtbr member
    I ride the Nevegals 2.1's and love them. Was running Fast Traks on my Stumpy before, these are much better IMO.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mechmann_mtb
    the nevegal wasn't designed to be a front tire. the BG was designed to be the compliment to the nevegal for the front. the adrenaline pro tires are pretty good. you will most likely notice the increase in weight and rolling resistance. if you want a wide/high volume tire you might want to try the Cortez 2.4. at 700g they are the lightest wide tire that i know of and have really good handling characteristics. i just switched to a BG/Nevegal combo (2.35") from Cortez 2.4 and the traction increased slightly but the rolling resistance and weight went up more IMO. the Cortez are really good versatile tires with low weight and low rolling resistance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cbratt
    Just curious, if any of you have ridden both the Nevegal and the Adrenaline. I like the performance of the Adrenaline Pro 2.0 so far, but it is getting time to replace. I was thinking of another pair of these or the Nevegals. Ride east coast singletrack. Any preferences or suggestions?
    I have some Roll-X PRO's on my single speed, and like them more than my Adrenaline's on my XC PRO. The Roll-X's seem to be a much better tire than the Adrenaline's (more climbing bite, and better through sand). IMO they are just as good in the turns as the Adrenaline's. The Adrenaline's seem to be a bit plusher than the Roll-X's, but the latter seems to pedal better. Hope this helps

mechmann_mtb
    forgot to mention that if you want the low volume xc tire that is super light and pretty good all around (except for thorn protection or slicing) try the Kenda Kharma 2.0. super light and rolls well. my wife rides them.