mtbr member
    Nov 2005

'11 Enduro Evo owners, how does it pedal?

I am torn between the regular enduro expert and the evo expert because I plan to shuttle alot this summer and have an ss for xc...the evo will be better for shuttling/descending and such vs. the reg expert, but, how will the EVO pedal when i want to ride squishy on xc trails? that rp23 will be the bees knees but how will the coil shock pedal over xc terrain?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    whoops, I posted this 3 times and dont know how I did that...sorry, can a moderator delete two of these as I cant find the delete button...sorry folks

<100%
    I have never pedaled a new one. Do you like to hammer out of the saddle? You won't want the coiI. Do you prefer to sit and spin? I do, I have an 09 with the AFR. It only has 4 damping setting (least soft, soft, softer, softest). Nothing close to firm or a platform on the shock. I rarely need it. The only time I use "least soft" is on pavement. Soft for climbing smooth single track, the other when it gets bumpy or downhill. I think I'd prefer the coil and have thought about getting a dhx coil for mine. I thin I'd prefer the EVO.

JRR
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Im thjnking the same thing.Got a ss29er for xc and have rode the enduro with air and it was nice bike but rode the sx trail 2010 with coil and it was in another class as far as ride quality,fun bike that can climb well enough and just way more fun on downs and tech.,rough stuff.The bike pedels very well for me up hill but i had been ss for years and anything with a few gears seems like it pedels well anyway at the point of the coil evo at lease try to test ride a sx trail

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I owned an 2010 enduro comp and loved it. i could sit and smash the pedals over anything and really ride the way I like to ride...double dip economy got me back on an ss 29r and saving cash for another enduro. gonna probably hit the dh cicuit as well. I thought the comp was fine on the one dh run I rode so I may stick with the expert because I will ride it alot xc.
    just wondering if anyone has ridden the evo and how does it pedal/climb. thanks

Big Hittin'
    im curious too. i think only about 3 people on here have evo's so far. mayby dig up those old threads and ask them directly. i wil be purchasing the fox evo shock to put on my 2010 expert
    29er's are Goofy