mtbr member
    Feb 2012

'11 Camber Pro 29er Vs. '12 SJ Comp 29er

Had pretty much narrowed my decision down to a 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er, but came across a used, 2011 Camber Pro 29er with some aftermarket goodies on it.

Any thoughts on the difference between the two bikes? The Camber has Sram XO carbon crankset and upgraded brakes with a set of Sram XO brakes with carbon levers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I had a 2010 Stumpy FSR Comp (26er) and loved it, but felt that it had too much squish for the trails I do here in the North East. Constantly felt myself reaching for the lockout and propedal. The Camber has a little less travel and will be a little racier so from my perspective that may be a better choice - but I have not ridden one. Depends where you ride and what you want to do on it as well.

Either way, dont buy the Camber unless you can see it in person first. Im not sure about the transferability of Specialized's warranty, buts thats also something to consider.
    `12 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er HT
    `10 Stumpjumper Comp FSR - Sold

official eMpTyBRain
    Unless you are doing 3-4 foot drops regularly on your rides, go for the tricked out Camber. It's gonna climb better and it should be lighter than the SJ FSR.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    For me, I do not like the Camber geometry. Not slack enough. Definitely ride it before you make a decision.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I would go with the new '12 stumpy. Better wheels, tappered headtube, more travel, and depending on your riding style may feel more stable to you. But the big deal is it's new from your LBS with the service that comes with that. Unless you are an experinced rider or have someone that can work on your bike for you...go buy from your LBS and get the service that comes with that.