Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

09 SX trail frameset?

I can't find it on the net. Will it be available? so yes when? I want to replace my yeti asx

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    09 stuff will be out mid or end of aug. i think. the new frame does look amazing

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yeah the frame has the same graphics as the completes, but is black.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    do you have a pic of that black SXT frameset?

mtbr member
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member

GRAVITY IS GOOD
    Wow, I'm not quite sure what to say. Spec. has come out with some questionable paint schemes over the last couple of years but these look great!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I want both!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    how much travel do they have? the same for both?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    kona is the best

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The white one has 4.2" and the black 6.75".
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    whatis the weight of the coil-version size L?

mtbr member
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the frame kit is not being brought into the uk!! i was going to get one,but have been told by my local spez dealer that its not available as a frame kit.i`m well gutted now after see`ing that pic!! did`nt really want to get a full bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rufflesurf
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the frame kit is not being brought into the uk!! i was going to get one,but have been told by my local spez dealer that its not available as a frame kit.i`m well gutted now after see`ing that pic!! did`nt really want to get a full bike!

your silly, thats awesome for you! you just have to buy one from somebody in the USA with your sweet .46(or whatever) currency conversion rate. you just have to pay shipping.
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

mtbr member
    how dumb am i,did`nt think of my bro who lives in vancouver!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Any updates on cost/weight/availability?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattoid
    Any updates on cost/weight/availability?

estimated cost I have for ya. availability... nothing! Weight.... Spec never lists the TRUE weight of any of their bikes or products so if a weight was listed it would be BS anyway. But check out this web sight I got off of MTBR several weeks ago. It has every bike for the 09 year with parts spec. But no frameset info

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...nd=Specialized

This web sight has other mfg's and their bikes for the 09 year as well
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stylie
    estimated cost I have for ya. availability... nothing! Weight.... Spec never lists the TRUE weight of any of their bikes or products so if a weight was listed it would be BS anyway. But check out this web sight I got off of MTBR several weeks ago. It has every bike for the 09 year with parts spec. But no frameset info

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...nd=Specialized

This web sight has other mfg's and their bikes for the 09 year as well
    Yup, I posted that link last week I'm trying not to make up my mind on the frame until I find out how much the price is going up. If it is getting any closer to the $2k mark for the frame I don't think I could go through with it!!

mtbr member
    I agree with you on that! Specialized and other bike mfg's have really hiked up the prices on their bikes/frames. It's dissapointing to think that one needs to drop 3G's or more to get a really good bike these days and even 3 grand still leaves plenty of need for upgrades. That is why I will ALWAYS work at a LBS part-time, you just can't pass up on the employee purchase programs bike mfg's offer.

By the way... thanks for the link
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.

mtbr member
    I just found out the the price of the frame alone is going to be around 1500.00 USD for those of you who are interested

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stylie
    I just found out the the price of the frame alone is going to be around 1500.00 USD for those of you who are interested
    Wow! A price drop sounds nice to me!

mtbr member
    omg tough's frames are amazing!

mtbr member
    hey, i was up in whistler for crankworx and got to demo an 09 sx trail for an hour and a half on the freakin' mountain! sorry no pics but i can say it was a fun bike. i currently ride an 06 sx with a 66 up front and love it a lot and i honestly didn't notice a whole lot of difference in ride quality but one thing that was quickly apparent was how light the front end is. supposed weight is 35 pounds and it seems believeable, it was real easy to pop the lips on jumps and it was easy to manouver in the air. it was also immediately comfortable (besides the too narrow bars) to just get on and rip which to me is a good thing, i dont think they changed a lot as far as angles go although it may have felt slightly shorter in the cockpit. i would def. consider getting one if i can afford to next year but i wonder if you only get the frameset can you buy a fork aftermarket with the 11/8 to 1.5 steer tube?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think you can buy fox 36 aftermarket with a tapered steerer, at least in the uk, the other option is to use a reducing headset lower half and normal headset for the top half and just use a regular steerer.

mtbr member
    hey, this might be a total noobie question but would you be able to put a dhx air on the black one? or even get the white frame and put a dhx coil? just wondering how interchangable these things might be able to be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast