mtbr member
    Jan 2007

'09 FSR XC prices and date, anyone know yet?

I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure what the 09 prices will be. I have read 10-15%. My local shops don't know anything or won't tell me. I also was wondering when they will be available. I want one of the new FSR XCs.

Wait, what!?
    I dont have an answer for the price/avail question, but have you thought about a "left over" Stumpy? They are very close in design, 08 Stump vs. 09 XC (correct?) and you might be able to find a new 2008 SJ close to the same price of the XC. I would guess it would even have a slightly better parts spec too!

Anyways, just a thought. Back to the topic!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    emailed specialized, they said around august for all the 2009 models.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I was in my LBS last night looking to see if they had any 08 FSRxc's in (they didn't). The guy at the shop took me over to his computer to look up when the 09s would be in, and he saw that the '09s were ready to order. Most of the prices were up ~$150 from this year. I was looking at the Comp, which is now $1650 instead of the current 1500. However, the bike is quite different from this year's. The travel is up to 120mm from 100mm, and the rear suspension setup is completely different. It looks similar to the Stumpy in terms of design. He said he was going to order a few ASAP and was going to give me a call when they come in. I'll report back when I hear anything.