mtbr member

New question here. 09 enduro sl pro carbon, show and tell

Just got a smoking deal on an 09 enduro sl pro carbon. Used to own a stumpy, went to a titus and now want a second bike for fun. Just wondering if there are any owners out there with issues or praise for the carbon sl. I havn't seen alot of them. I wish they still had the double crown fork though!
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Well fine if no one will post theirs I'll post my own!

It's been a great bike so far. I didn't add or change anything from the factory build other than my candy sl pedals. I did lose the insert nut out of the rocker on the first ride (it was dark and raining in the woods) so I'll have to get a new one of those ordered to replace th nut I had to use for now.

I'm getting a large amount of creaking from the main pivot on the rocker though. It seems to come and go during a ride. I'm going to let it go for about 200 miles and see if the frame settles in before I go tearing into it.

it's hard to belive a bike that's a pound heavier than my FTM can climb better than the same bike. Oh well, that means I can sell the other bike to pay for this one

mtbr member
    Here's my '09 S-Works Enduro and I love this bike:

'11 Stumpjumper 29er SS
    '12 Niner EMD 1x10

3xv
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I too upgraded from a Stumpy to and enduro SL. I love the way the bike handles.

adamant
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo
    Here's my '09 S-Works Enduro and I love this bike:

Fix your front brake cable routing. It should run on the INSIDE of the fork leg, not the outside. Too easy to pinch the housing between a rock & fork leg...that's called a "hose job" for sure.

it takes <60 seconds to unbolt the caliper from the fork, re-route hose to inside, & rebolt. That leaves you w/time for a beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Did the same upgrade myself. Stumpjumper > Enduro. I love the Enduro.

mtbr member
    Hey Adamant, look more closely please.
    '11 Stumpjumper 29er SS
    '12 Niner EMD 1x10

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo
    Hey Adamant, look more closely please.
    I looked more closely... He's still right.

(AWESOME build though! )
    Attached Images Attached Images      

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtang21
    Did the same upgrade myself. Stumpjumper > Enduro. I love the Enduro.
    I went from a 4 inch entry level Kona, to an Epic (not for racing... just recreational) to an Enduro. You can imagine my delight with the latter choice!

mtbr member
    Oh, I though you were talking about the upper part. I'll be sure to reroute that for sure. I don't know why I didn't realize that.
    '11 Stumpjumper 29er SS
    '12 Niner EMD 1x10

mtbr member
    I've found the command post adjustable seat post to be pretty much worthless. How about you guys? It weighs a pound more than a noraml post and really dosn't do anything for me when it's down.

Loser
    How useful an adjustable seat post is depends on where and what you ride. I find it to be great anytime I'm riding rollers, jumps or even just fast descents. For the first two it gets the seat out of the way so you can easily get back, for descents it lowers your center of gravity. I consider it the "switch" that changes the Enduro from an XC to an AM machine.

It took me a few rides to figure out how/when to use it, but now that I'm used to it, its hard to ride my Enduro with a fixed post - that seat always seems to be in the way! Its way more useful on a trail where you know what's coming up. On some of my regular rides I might move the seat up and down 20 or 30 times during a ride - around here we have short ups and downs with a lot of rocks and roots.

All that said, I have friends I ride with who have bought an adjustable seat post based on my suggestion and found no use for them.

John
    Big Strings, Big Wheels, The Jisch Blog