mtbr member
    Jan 2004

09 Enduro Sl frame - worth buying ?

Is it even worth considering buying an 09 Enduro frame. The frame is in good condition and is fairly cheap but does still have the AFR shock. I could swap almost everything over from an 05 Enduro, so there would be very few additional costs.

I'm looking to get something that will climb better than my 05 Enduro does while not giving up much on the downhills.

Dirt Junkie
    It's hard to say without knowing the price. They are good frames. I've got an '08 that rocks. I've never had the '05 style frame but from what I understand, the "SL" generation climbs better than the '05 version.

So I would say depending on the price, it is definately worth considering.

Rock
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    It's hard to say without knowing the price. They are good frames. I've got an '08 that rocks. I've never had the '05 style frame but from what I understand, the "SL" generation climbs better than the '05 version.

So I would say depending on the price, it is definately worth considering.

Rock
    You should be able to find a '10 cheaply which IMO climbs just as well as the 09 and descends better.

<100%
    Love my 09 frame and the AFR has been very reliable. Don't see any reason that it would climb any better than an '05 though. FWIW, that bike can climb anything - the gnarlier the better, it's just not necesarily very efficient on the easy stuff, the AFS does not lock out or provide much of a pedaling platform.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I could probably sell my 05 frame swap all the parts over to the 09 for about $200 difference(or less). Could get the 09 frame for about $550.

The 05 frame is a terrible climbing bike IMO, it just bobs way too much. The 09 is supposed to be a much better climber

I'd rather have a '10 Enduro, but I rarely see those frames for sale, the few I've seen are always way overpriced.