mtbr member
    Aug 2005

09 Enduro SL AFR shock compression lever

The compression lever on my 09 Enduro SL AFR shock has 4 settings. Unfortunately I spun the blue knob around more than a whole turn (not paying attention and waiting for a stop like on the red rebound knob - there was none). Is this a problem?

Bike is brand new, but I really can't detect any difference in shock behavior after moving the blue compression knob from 1 to 4 - unlike my fork where it is absolutely obvious. Do the seals need to break in and loosen up a bit?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    The Knob moves around in circles, it doesnt have a stop. Nothing to worry about. It takes a bit for the shock to break in. It will feel alot better after some mileage.

mtbr member
    after some break in time, you should be able to feel a definite difference between full soft and full firm. You'll learn to feel the difference for the in betweens eventually. Its meant to do a full circle, that way you can flip over the top quickly between full soft and full firm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Full firm is not intended to be a lockout. The adjustment is for a low speed compression circuit.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Speci- Suspension Tech
    Full firm is not intended to be a lockout. The adjustment is for a low speed compression circuit.
    I've noticed this reply in some E150 threads also. I don't think people are looking for a "lockout". I think they are looking for a noticeable difference when they turn the compression adjuster from full soft to full hard. Pretty much every fork and shock from the major suspension makers are this way. The fact that Specialized components, in some case, are not, causes the consumer to think there is something wrong with there fork or shock. We all do appreciate the info form Spec tech so thank for that

hehe ...you said "member"
    Not sure if it's exactly the same as my '07, but mine has a 4 position adjust from full soft to full firm while rotating the lever through the bottom half of it's adjust arc.
    There is an option to do a direct "over the top" adjust from full soft to full firm by rotating the lever through the top half of it's adjust arc. This lets you go directly from one extreme to the other without indexing through the intermediate settings. At least that's how mine works.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    When the bike first came out it was a very common question if our suspension locks out, which none of our compnents do. Some of our old stuff is new to new customers so the question still gets asked by them. Once people get a chance to get to know the bike they appreciate the performance advantages it offers.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....