mtbr member

09 Enduro or 2010 Stumpy?

What would be the pros & cons of the SWorks 09 Enduro or just get the SWorks Stumpy?
    I have a 08 SW Stumpy now and like the idea of the extra travel. So break the bank and go with the 2010 SWorks Stumpy or save a little and go with the 09 SWorks Enduro?
    Oh I like the 12hr races and will be selling the 08 Stumpy for the new toy.
    Thanks,.
    Pedal Dammit!

Pastor Josh
    Stumpy will have the brain and peddle worlds better than the Enduro. To me the Enduro leans to hard to the "All mountain" side of things.
    Character trumps Charisma every time.

mtbr member
    Be prepared to compromise uphill pedalling for the Enduro, but you'll have a lot more fun on the downs. Do you think you'd use the extra travel at the places you ride?
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I agree,go for the s-works stumpy if you like the odd race,plus its a VERY,VERY,VERY,tasty light machine,or you could just add the s-works epic to your shopping list,WISH I COULD.

mtbr member
    The 09 Enduro S-works is going to out shine the 2010 stumpy on rock gardens(and similiar trails)and the more extreme down hills with bigger jump and higher speeds.

I think the stumpy will be better on the trails with better flow, smaller jumps and in the trees. The stumpy will also climp a lot better

I have an 07 S-works Enduro and 2010 S-works stumpy on order. I will give a review of the two if I EVER get my Stumpy
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies

mtbr member
    I think what I am trying to get at is this:
    Is the down hill performance of the 09 Enduro going to be close to the new 140mm travel on the 2010 Stumpy?
    I love the way my 08 Stumpy climbs and wish for more on the down, I love the downhill on the 07 Enduro but wished for more on the climb.
    So is the 2010 Stumpy my answer?
    Pedal Dammit!

mtbr member
    Best down hill out of all three bikes(including your 08). The Enduro with E150

Best up hill out of all three. Probably to close to call, but the 2010 has a more advance brain in the front fork and rear shock. Slight advange 2010 stumpy

Best of both worlds. No question the 2010 stumby.

I think the 2010 stumby is going to be just as good on the down except when the qualities on the triple crown E150 come into play.

Hope that helps. One I get my stumpy I will post a review comparing them both.
    He who dies with the most toys, still dies