mtbr member
    Dec 2007

'08 Stumpy vs./or '08 Enduro SL

Making the transition from Hard Tail to Full Sus. Any opinions on which bike to go with? Eastcoast rider looking for one bike to do it all...with in reason (XC & AM)
    I appreciate any advice as i am looking to throw down on a new rig ASAP.

he who goes without food
    My best advice to you is to find a way to demo them both. They are quite different. It was clear choice for me after I did. Everyone likes something different

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'd say it would depend mostly on your riding style, they are both awesome bike. If you're a more aggresive rider or fancy the idea of taking your bike to a bike park and don't mind a couple extra pounds on the uphill the enduro is an excellent choice. If you want something that will be a bit snappier on the climbs i'd look for a stumpy. Go on their website and see if any of you're local dealers are FSR test centers or have any other kind of demo program. We're an FSR test center at the shop i work at in Socal (that doesn't help you too much), its a great program it gives you a chance to ride before you buy, if you find a local test center and they don't have any enduro's see if they have a pitch (its basically a more cost effecient version of the enduro same geometry) I've ridden both and their handleing characteristics are identical. The stumpys are awesome i have had a chance to get on the 08 but i roder an 07 carbon sworks one a few months ago, ang wow its an incredible machine, quick climber and fast on the decents, both bikes are very cofidence inspiring.

Now with More Wood
    Hi there.

We went through this exact same question right here in this forum a couple of weeks ago. Here's the link to that thread...and inside that thread there are further links (one of those is to a comparison/review I wrote on the Stumpy vs SLwhich I think should give you a good idea of the differences between those 2 bikes...). Hope this proves useful to you:

Stumpy vs Enduro decision time !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check out the link to the Stumpy vs Enduro SL. I will chk out the test centers as well.

Diskus...Which bike did you end up going with and what is your riding style?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Diskus...Scratch that question, I checked out your profile.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My two cents.

East Coast Stumpy

West Coast Enduro SL

If you can't really fly down the hill/mountain I'd choose the Stumpy b/c you really need to ride the Enduro SL very fast for the suspension to feel right. Most East Coast single track is slower tighter single track and I personally would prefer the Fox fork for that.