The Other Dude

08 Stumpjumper Fork Pressures (Specialized Fork)

I was just wondering what pressures you guys are running on you 08 Stumpjumper FSR's with the Specialized fork and how much you weigh? I love the bike when its locked out, but when the lock releases, is seems like i just blow through the travel and get alot of fork dive in corners and such. I am sure it is just a setup issue. My problem is that my bike did not come with a fork manual, and it doesnt seem to be available to download online yet.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Jut8 go to Specialized web site they have a video on how to set up your suspension on the 08 Carbon Pro & S-Works. I just set mine up I have the 08 S-Works Stumpjumer and to get the proper sag in the frt I put in 90 psi my weight is 210.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    170lb rider w\o gear

Fork

5 clicks out on comp
    65psi
    2 turns out on rebound

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've found the fork performance to be really sensitive to air pressure in regard to the brain function. For me, 5 clicks out from fully firm on the compression knob and about 79-80psi gives a fork which only bobs a little at the top of the stroke when out of the saddle, but is still responsive to small bumps on the trail. My biggest issue initially was that I couldn't get good bump sensitivity without sacrificing the firmness of the fork when standing up. It seems the solution was to increase the air pressure and unwind the compression a couple of clicks. Too much air gives a very firm 'locked' fork, but loses sensitivity to smaller bumps.

A bit of fiddling has the fork set up really well now, and I am super impressed with the technology. The transition to fully open on a bump is seriously seamless, though having said that, on really fast bumpy stuff I've noticed it gets a bit confused and has to rely on the 'spike-valve' to open up - I can hear rather than feel the clunk as what I assume is the spike-valve opens. No big deal though so far... Put in the effort and you will be well rewarded!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Oh, and I'm about 74kg, just to qualify the air pressure settings above! Rebound is about 1 3/4 turns out.