mtbr member
    Jun 2012

08 Specialized Enduro rear shock question?

I recently purchased a 08 Enduro Pro SL and noticed that the frame has two mount holes for the rear shock. One is marked low-slack and the other is marked high-stiff. What is the difference? Is it for different terrains?

thanks

<100%
    It changes the BB height and HT angle.

Low lowers the BB height and slackens the head angle - more of a DH position - I use it for lift served terrain. I tend to bang my pedals alot riding XC in this position

High raises the BB and makes for a steeper head angle - more of a XC position

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    It changes the BB height and HT angle.

Low lowers the BB height and slackens the head angle - more of a DH position - I use it for lift served terrain. I tend to bang my pedals alot riding XC in this position

High raises the BB and makes for a steeper head angle - more of a XC position
    I second this. But have never taken mine out of the low position.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If it has the E-150 fork, lower (shorten) the stanchions to the minimum mark, along with the shock in the XC position and that bike will feel like an XC racer. Highly NOT recommended.