mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Upset 08 pitch comp problems

Hey guys, i bought a 08 pitch comp exactly 2 weeks ago but i have only had it in my possesion for about 24 hours. The day i bought it i rode it for about 2 hours when the rear derailer hanger snapped while i was riding down my road. i got it replaced for free by specialized. i got it back 10 days later and rode it on a few trails and jumps without problems. The next day i was doing wheelies on the road and my forks breaks ( something with the rebound seals according to rock shocks... they said it was common on the pike 327). So now rock shocks is fixing my forks (for free ). Has anyone else had any of these problems or more with the pitch comp? Im afraid i just bought a bike that will break on me all the time.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have an 08 pitch pro that I ride the ever loving S out of and I have no issues with it. Hope your luck changes

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yep the fork problem happened to a friend of mine the first day we went riding. The fork became stiff and started leaking. It was fixed for free and the guys from the LB said it's a common issue. WTF?!

cougarbait
    one of the headset seals snapped on mine, but they replaced it under warranty. zero issues otherwise
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member

Isnt warranty great?

Looks like your fork was built on a friday, and your bike was tuned on a Monday.
    Fork seals let go, RD snaps off , but the rest of the bike is ok which means that it was made on wednesday, which means its gonna be ok, its gonna be ok. Dont lose faith, best products in the world are always made on wednesdays...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimusprime
    I have an 08 pitch pro that I ride the ever loving S out of and I have no issues with it. Hope your luck changes
    Same here.
    NKAWTG

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    is the specialized pitch comp 08 handle light freeride like 20ft long jumps 3mt high????
    thanks

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLegere
    is the specialized pitch comp 08 handle light freeride like 20ft long jumps 3mt high????
    thanks
    sounds fine to me, though your weight and smoothness do factor in

I've done 6+foot drops on mine and it's held up great, but I do weigh 125lbs.
    Last edited by Lambdamaster; 08-23-2009 at 05:22 PM.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLegere
    thanks
    well in the select few hours i have had mine since i bought it 4 weeks ago i took it off a step down that was about 20 ft and dropped about 3-4 feet and it felt good and sturdy on the landing... although the forks did blow a seal the next day (lbs called rock shox and they said it was a common problem because of a bad batch of seals - so if it blows again ill just upgrade but as for now its getting fixed for free so im not complaining)

-Hansen

mtbr member
    The pitch can handle a bit. the only problem I have had with mine (out side of usual wear and tear) is the headset seal snapped. which reminds me i need to order a new headset so i'll have it buy the weekend.

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumber9
    The pitch can handle a bit. the only problem I have had with mine (out side of usual wear and tear) is the headset seal snapped. which reminds me i need to order a new headset so i'll have it buy the weekend.
    same thing happened to me. my LBS had it replaced with a funny-looking cane creek under warranty
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    well i finally have my bike back. I took it to the local made freeride park. Let me know if u think it'll last doing this stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMH9prGGC4

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRhansen
    let me know if u think it'll last doing this stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMH9prGGC4
    The bike will probably last (with a rim upgrade), but you won't.

Buy a helmet

mtbr member
    thats a cool gap. My pitch sees that kind of stuff regularly, although its a custome build. The only thing I see is that hit might knock the wheels out of true quite a bit.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    +1 on the helmet.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    ya i was definetly expecting to get comments about not having a helmet. Thats next on my list.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    more tranny. thats what she/he said

mtbr member
    I got an 08 Pitch Pro. The only main thing that's gone wrong is the Pike... seals must have leaked and I lost control over the Motion Control compression damping (meaning lockout or increasing compression damping would not work). Sent in for warranty and I received an upgraded Motion Control damper with floodgate adjustment. Thanks Norco for doing the repairs!

I'm going to have to get the headset seals checked under warranty too, mine also snapped... pretty lousy seals.

Members who have read this thread: 0