Thread: '08 HRXC Sport

KMD
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

'08 HRXC Sport

Hello,

First of all sorry for my english.
    I decided to start to ride a bicycle after long time ago. I did some searches and bought a '08 HRXC Sport 19".
    I ride my bike in city mostly, and at the weekends i go to country side.
    This is a very beginner question but i want to ask. Last time i ride a bike in 1998. Now things are really changed!
    Anyway, all we know its not a very good bike. It's a beginner bike but i'm think of make some changes on my bike like suspension, saddle, derrailer, cranks casette (to 9)etc. etc.
    I'm not saying i change it tomorrow but i want to do in the future.

Its an A1 frame i dont know whats the differences between A1, M4, M5. Rockhopper's frame is M4 alloy, Stumpjumper's is M5.

Does HRXC sport's frame can handle riding in hard conditions? Im not mean on DH or DJ.
    To clear, does this frame worths to upgrade too better hardware?

Thanks
    K

for three!
    Mar 2008
    The A1 frame is basically just a grade of aluminum. The m4 is an alloy composed of various metals, making it stronger and lighter than the A1. And the m5 is just an upgrade of the m4. The A1 is a solid frame for the price you paid. It's very strong for what you need it for, and it's relatively light. And as far as upgrading your bike, i guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you plan to upgrade almost everythign on the bike within a couple years, i'd say maybe try to return your bike to your shop (if possible) for a base rockhopper. For an extra 170 bucks you get better components and the m4 frame, which imo is worth it if you're going to get into cycling seriously. With that said, based on your description of the riding you're going to do, the hardrock should suit you just fine. I've ridden a few hardrocks before and they are great bikes. Go out and have some fun and welcome back to the sport!

KMD
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm on a tight budget so i cant buy anything for now.
    Next year i'll upgrade my bike to a rockhopper or stumpjumper. I like specialized's designs.
    After i buy it, i'll do some upgrades on the bike.

Thanks for you answer