Thread: 08 FSR XC Comp

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009

08 FSR XC Comp

I'm looking at picking one of these up tonight, apperently its a real good deal. The guy says its a $1500 bike and he's letting me take it for $550 after negotiation (It's my dad whos buying it for himself),s this a good bike for regular trails, and street, i was looking at another rockhopper but we found this and it seemed like a real good deal. Any advice about the bike? Is it a good bike, bad bike? and does it have front ad/or rear lockout?
    Specialized 05 FSR XC Comp: Modded
    Specialized 08 FSR XC Comp: OEM
    Cannondale M700: In pieces

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It's a great bike and a steal at that price. It does have rear lockout and I think it comes with a Tora fork that also has lockout (not sure, since I swapped the Tora on day 1 for a Reba I already had). I put about 1200 off road miles in a year on mine. It pedals very efficiently and is as plush as a 4" travel bike can be.

Bike Addiction
    Mine has a Tora 302 SL coil fork and X-Fusion RC2 shock both with lockout. Had mine for about 6 months and real happy with it. Would like to upgrade to air fork but other than that its great. Sounds like a steal. Paid $1400 for mine this summer. It listed for $1659.99 at LBS. Mine is an 09 but check the Specialized web site in archives and they have specs and prices.
    Last edited by 00sable; 08-11-2010 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009
    here's a pic of it, im picking it up tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike Addiction
    Nice looking bike. The 09's have 120mm travel but nothing wrong with 100. I've got 100mm on my other bike and really don't notice the travel distance that much. I had a issue with the original X-Fusion (it leaked air) but no problems with warranty. They even sent me a little better shock. The 02RC

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009
    Here it is $550 cash. With Speedo and matching helmet. Mint, Hydro brakes. Tires kinda worn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08 FSR XC Comp-no.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    you'll really like it. It's a great XC bike. Climbs well, and is pretty plush for a 4 inch travel bike..i have the same bike (year, color, everything). Stock parts. It served me well, but i've found myself really ending up in the higher mountains here in New England, so i need more travel/cush from an all mountain/DH (thinking about this '09 Enduro SL Comp - not sure though, as i'm reading some weird things about the suspension).

Anyway, i just put my '08 XC up for sale if any one is interested!

mtbr member
    May 2009

I had an 06

I have an 06 and loved that bike. It could climb like you wouldn't believe! I bought it used and upgraded the mechanical discs to hydraulic (juicy 7), serviced the X-fusion shock air sleeve and it worked great. I just recently serviced the TORA fork and removed the 30mm travel spacer and went from 100mm to 130mm. The bike still climbed great and made a huge difference when the trail headed down. You can't go wrong with this bike.

mtbr member
    Wow 8" strokers on an XC bike looks like you won't need a brake upgrade. Unless your dad's gonna ride at night, the reflectors....