mtbr member

08 Enduro SL Pitch owners how tall are you and what size frame do you ride?

Like the title states, what size SL or Pitch do you ride and how tall are you?

I was going to order my new ride this last weekend but I was too unsure on the size so I am holding off until I have a better idea as to what size I should get. I am 5' 10 and have ridden med frames in the past, however I almost feel I should look into a lg but I think the TT is going to be a bit too long for me.

Thanks for your input
    Last edited by stylie; 02-22-2008 at 08:31 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm 5' 7" and ride a medium Pitch. It may seem a little big for some but it suits me fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    6'4" and ride an XL Pitch pro

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I am 6' 2 I purchased large Enduro pro carbon.
    the frame was making a noise that they could not track so they changed it to an S-works frame. The noise is gone an I have a bling frame . I like Specialized customer service.

I think the size depends on your body dimensions. The guy who set me up on my bike had difficulty because even though I was only 1 inch taller than him my femur was 2.5 inches longer so getting my knee was further forward than it should be and my trunk was shorter than he expected.

Where as my wife (08 medium ruby) has short legs so had to be moved forward and get the seat post cut to get her into a reasonable position they almost moved down a size to get her to fit.

so height is just a guide not the be all and end all. Ask to try them out at the LBS.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    5'10" and a medium sl here. Some things to factor in - long wheelbase and head tube height - both may tip things toward the medium.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    6'3-4" and ride a XL Enduro SL... the horizontal stretch from the tip of the seat to the handlebars is exactly the same as my L Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. Fishers do typically have longer top tubes though. Fits me well, no more lower back pain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm 5'7" and I've got a Small Enduro.

I could'nt even get my leg over a Medium !!

They seem to be a big bike in my opinion, although I do prefer a smaller bike generally anyway - much more managable for me !

mtbr member
    Im 5'10'' and i ride a medium enduro sl. But it is a big bike. Never tried the small but the large was maaasive. I would go slightly smaller on a bike like this cos chances are your going to want to get off it in a hurry at some point and you dont want to be sat on a gate!

Do it
    ok now i'm worried. I'm 5'8" and just ordered a Medium 2008 enduro comp.
    I also ride a '08 rockhopper pro size 17" and feel great on the bike.

My LBS didn't have any Enduro's in stock at the time but said the medium should be my size, because of my height and current bike.

Think I should try and swap for a small before it's too late?

mtbr member
    Hey Guys, thanks for your input I do appreciate it. And I am happy to say that I ordered my new ride today. For the longest time I had been planing on ordering a Pitch but instead I ordered this... in a med

At least the frame anyways. The frame comes with the front der, seatpost, seat clamp, HS, frame shock, e150 fork w/ the hub. And I have everything else that I am going to need to build 'er up. I am psyched! I should have the frame by next weekend.

Oh, the green frame is a maybe. My Boss is going to see what he can do to get the green frame for me but right now the Specialized dealer website only has the ti frame availabe in the frame only and the green is only as a complete bike. So green, ti whatever, as long as I will be riding the dirt ASAP!!!
    Last edited by stylie; 02-23-2008 at 05:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    5'-11", with a med. The large had a big standover, and the med is much more flickable.

mtbr member
    5'-11" with a L Pitch. I always had M size bikes with around 22.8" head tube length, they felt OK, but the pedaling improvement specially on steep climbs and the feel that the L size gave me was much better.
    I still have an M Santacruz VP, and I still would go for a M on a "descent bike", but being the Pitch my all day riding bike I rather sacrifice a little bit handling towards comfort.

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    6'4", XL. Perfect size.