Your killing my Strava

07 Stumpy FSR Elite..Rear Shock

I have an 07 Elite, Can I bolt on a rear shock brain off say an Epic or a Stumpy pro? If so what am I looking for if I see one on Ebay

mtbr member
    That is a question that you should be emailing Specialized about, when it comes to the brain mechanism you have to remember the reason why it is on the epic or stumpy is because they have designed that suspension tech to work with those specific bikes. I am not the most knowledgeable person to talk to about this, but when you are starting to mix and match stuff like that it might be good to ask the people that made the bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It’s interesting how often in these forums somebody will ask a question and then somebody will respond who doesn’t no the answer such as got pedals. How stupid!

To answer the question, an AFR from a Stumpy Pro (not the carbon Pro) or a brain fade from a Stumpy Expert will work as long as it is also a 07. A better choice on an upgrade might be an RP23. There is a whole other thread on this switch

RP23 Recplacement on SJ Continued

Your killing my Strava
    Yea I thought about the RP23, The promblem is I get tired of reaching down everytime I want to lock out the rear. I figured with the brain it would cure that

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yup, brain will fit.

I fitted an AFR with brain on my 07 Elite.

You'll need to get the carbon Brain btacket from spesh.

Great shock, great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveccnv
    Itís interesting how often in these forums somebody will ask a question and then somebody will respond who doesnít no the answer such as got pedals. How stupid!
    Thanks for your rude comment, its just what was needed in this thread. Yes there is always a way to get around things, but then think about the fact that you might break a warranty you might have, again my suggestion was to ask people from specialized, lets look at it this way: You go ahead and take advise from a forums of people who "think" or have modified their own bikes this way, or you simply go to the specialized website and ask the question to the people who know what will work for a bike, maybe they can even give a suggestion how to get the most out of the question you were asking. I hope you find the answer that you are looking for, but i still suggest talking to those who built the bike before you go ahead and believe everything people write in a forum.
    My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough. -N.C.