z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

07 stumpy expert Fox Talas settings.

I love the Fox Talas fork on my 07 stumpy expert it just seems alittle stiff for what air it says to put in it for my weight. My weight is around 195 with back back on in gear. I am still trying to get the suspension dialed in front and rear any suggestions on settings rebound and air for the suspension I could try?.

XC Rider
    I have found the fox settings a tad stiff as well. I dropped from a recomended psi of 110 to 90 on a Fox 100RL fork and have been much happier. I have not bottomed out once. I suggest dropping 5 psi per ride and see how it goes. If lowering your psi significantly I would also raise the rebound rate. Just my experience with Fox so far.

mtbr member
    I am 205 # (probably 215 fully suited up) and am running 100 psi in my fork. Seems to work well for me. I never have bottomed out, but yet seems to absorb the bumps nicely. I have been running the rebound 6 clicks out. I may play with it a bit more after watching the suspension set up videos on the Specialized web site. FYI, I am running 210 PSI in the shock and the brain at full firm.
    2010 Gary Fisher Superfly
    2010 Kona Jake the Snake
    2007 Specialized Stump Jumper FSR Expert
    2006 Klein Q-Pro

mtbr member
    I have the same bike. I set my Talas at 95 lbs. I'm about 205 lbs. all suited up. I think that is a little light for the pressure per the manual. I think the best thing to do is put a zip-tie on one leg. You'll be suprised on how much travel you're getting. When I had it set per the instructions, I was only getting 3.5 inches of travel. It's a lot better now and I've never bottomed out either.