mtbr member
    Dec 2005

07 Stumpjumper pro build

I recently picked up a used 07 SJ pro frame. I have been riding an 05 s works epic for awhile but decided a little more travel and a more upright cockpit was finally in order. I have been riding long stem/short flat bars with bar ends since the 90's. It took a little getting used to but I am a believer. Its comfortable as hell. At first it felt a little crammed, but its growing on me fast. My stem isnt exactly short a 110 but the handling is fine. I did shorten the bar a little cause it was way to wide for my shoulders. Some might say my stem/bar combo is wrong, but It climbs like crazy and descents really fast and really controlled. Before I was very picky about my lines, now I just go where ever. Great bike, I think its my favorite bike so far.

Build list, shes a bit heavier that I would have liked

07 SJ pro
    09 Talas R
    Cane creek 110 headset and spacers
    thompson elite x4 110*/0 rise
    Truvative noir world cup low riser
    XT shifters, derailleurs, cassette
    Sram chain
    Hope M4 front/x2 rear 185/160 floating rotor
    Ouray grips with ODI lockers
    15G crankset and BB
    White industries MI6 hubs with dt swiss DB spokes and Mavic 717
    Crank bros skewers
    Kent erickson layback sweetpost
    WTB rocket V saddle
    Kenda excavators 2.1/1.95 tubed

JMC
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cape Fear River
    Aug 2006
    Funny, I'm building the same bike right now. How much does the bike weigh?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by capefear69
    Funny, I'm building the same bike right now. How much does the bike weigh?
    I got 28-29 lbs when I weighed myself than myself and the bike. Its not the most accurate way.

JMC

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

... and if we just ...

Hi, have a 2007 Stumpjumper Elite...weighing now 11.7 Kg...

SpeshIstanbul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07 Stumpjumper pro build-dsc_0877.jpg  

07 Stumpjumper pro build-dsc_0882.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Sweet ride! I would like to trim some fat off mine, but I really like all the components.

JMC

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hello there,
    Nice bikes!
    I got mine 2 months ago - black and white stumpy pro 2007 - and I am loving it. The only thing I dont like is her weight.
    I have some upgrades on the way, but even so, I dont think I will be able to reach what I wish. Mine is now with 29.5 lbs, I wish to stay under 27, close to 26 lbs.

I have mine with a RECON 352 120mm, but I would like to change it for a Float 140mm. How does the stumpy performs with 140mm up front? My concernes regards the climbing hability... Is it tough to climb very steep hills?

That is mine...

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have been riding mine for set at 120 mostly and its been great. I just started using the 140 setting on the talas and the down hill riding is amazing.

I did notice a bit of front end wandering on some of the steeper rooty climbs where I have to lift the front end up over a descent log. I was considering leaving it at 140 all the time and maybe moving some of my spacers on top of the stem to lower the bar. Overall I am glad that I have the adjustability of the talals for what I ride.

Mine is pretty heavy also, I am considering putting it on a diet and maybe even going with a new carbon frame.

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by Edu Guilhon
    Hello there,
    Nice bikes!
    I got mine 2 months ago - black and white stumpy pro 2007 - and I am loving it. The only thing I dont like is her weight.
    I have some upgrades on the way, but even so, I dont think I will be able to reach what I wish. Mine is now with 29.5 lbs, I wish to stay under 27, close to 26 lbs.

I have mine with a RECON 352 120mm, but I would like to change it for a Float 140mm. How does the stumpy performs with 140mm up front? My concernes regards the climbing hability... Is it tough to climb very steep hills?

That is mine...

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Good looking bike. I've got the 07 Comp model. Been slowly upgrading stock parts trying to lighten it up a bit. Got mine down to 27 and am hoping for sub 25 if possible. Not sure I will be able to make that happen though.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    So, does anyone else has any experience about 07 stump with 140mm fox float up front?

i am about to buy one of these for me...

Cheers!