Get busy!!

07 M4 Hopper Disk brake upgrade.

I am going to put a set of Juicy 7s on a 07 hopper disk that has BB5s on it now. Any funny things to look out for? Will I need anything more than tools and the kit to put them on? They have 203mm rotors that I will change up with the current 160s.

Thanks guys.
    07 M4 Rockhopper Pro (Mango)
    Fox Fork 100mm / Chris King Headset

mtbr member
    They should come out of the box ready to go. It's prepped and bled at the manufacturer's, however, sometimes (it happened to me) it may arrive not properly bled and you might want to buy a bleed kit to keep on hand. Once properly bled, Juicy 7s are great brakes. The hoses will most likely be too long as well. You may want to cut down the length...but that would mean bleeding the system again. I just left mine long, until I need to bleed then I'll do both. You'll also need 160mm adapters to fit the calipers.

Get busy!!
    So I will need to adapt up to 203mm? I am upgrading everything rotors and all.

mtbr member
    Calipers are same size, of course, but the adapters will determine the correct fit to the rotor. If you bought the 203mm, it will come with the 203 adapter. So if you want to use your old 160mm rotors from your BB5, simply make sure you have the 160mm adapter that come with the BB5, and slip those onto the Juicy 7 calipers.

Get busy!!
    Thanks man, got the kit today and wil be installing in the AM. It's not going on my hopper but I am installing on a buddies. I will post pics.