mtbr member
    Jan 2008

07' Enduro SL Comp Vs. 07' Stumpjumper Elite, Please help me decide!

I am struggling with the decision of either purchasing a SJ elite of Enduro SL comp, I can buy either bike for $1700.

Heres why I can't decide: I am 6'7" 235lbs and I like the stability of the Enduro SL alot, I feel very confident when tackling steeper downhill sections. However, I have much concern about the reliability of the suspension. The specialized shop in my town has ensure me that they will take care of any problems promptly, also the bike under consideration and an 08' cartridge in it. I really love the way this bike rides but like I said above I am concerned about the shocks.

On the other hand I could buy a SJ elite which has a proven track record and great components. I just don't enjoy riding it as much, but I am sure it will grow on me with a little time.

I plan to ride mostly All-mountain (blue trails) and some XC (most local trails).

I invite your opinion!

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    id go for the enduro, if thats the bike you prefer then go for it, ive had my 08 epic over a month and fingers crossed everything is going well with the shock, worst case scenario youll have to take the bike back and theyll fix it, which isnt too bad

dweeby
    I agree, I have the SJ and love it but there is no point you buying one if you love the enduro.

mtbr member
    I am 6'1" 07 SJ Elite, and weigh 230lbs. I do a lot of riding that would be classified as All Mountain and love the bike. I prefer the feel of the suspension to that of the Enduro SL, but if you think it's smooth enough for you then go for it.
    1997 Specialized Stumpy Pro
    1998 Specialized Allez Epic
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've owned both:

Enduro I felt actually climbed better as you were more forward on the bike. Rear shock sublime. Fork serious weakness in reliability terms. X9 Derailler doesnt hit horst link.

Elite: Faster overall. No loss of confidence on the big stuff. No Triple crown to dink frame in a stack. Rear shock average; I fitted an AFR Brain-now sublime again! Stock XT needs to be replaced by shadow.

For me, who rides XC with the odd foray into harder trail riding, the SJ elite is a better bike. If I did it all again, I'd go straight for the Expert though (FOX Brain + X9/X0 derailler).