Is flexy

07 Enduro Sizing help

I'm looking to get a little help on the sizing of the 07 Enduro, not the SL, the regular S-works Enduro. I'm 5'7" 28ish" inseam and have sat on/test rode a med so far but won't have the option of test riding the small before deciding. The med is pushing it for being too big as far as standover but the cockpit feels nice. I'm not sure if the small will feel cramped. Any other short guys have any input?

I didn't realize the old style 06 s-works didn't carry into 07 like the pro... Size is in reference to the 06 s-works or 07 pro.
    Last edited by njhcx4xlife; 02-25-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    we are about the same height and inseam. i have bought an '06 s-works stumpy and an '07 Enduro SL Pro. Both bikes are small. Never looked back since.

hope this helps in any way...

i did try a medium but as you wrote it is a bit pushing it (imho). with the small, i felt more comfortable because i know i can control it more.

Last edited by rammbs; 02-25-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Is flexy
    The input is appreciated. I think I could go either way but coming from a dh background I may prefer the small. My major concern is feeling cramped as far as the cockpit is concerned but we shall see I guess.

Oh yeah, Nice rides BTW.

Any one else in this size range care to comment?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    yes, i agree with you. it feels a bit cramped in the cockpit area.

but 2 wks ago, i didn't find any problem with the cockpit when i ran into a rut, did an endo, went over the bars, and landed on my face and left shoulder. hehe

Air Sucker

I bought the 07 Enduro

I got a Med Elite, it was stolen and I bought a small Enduro Pro.

I am 5-7 30" in-seam
    I put a 90mm Stem on it and like it better than the Medium frame.
    Side note, the rear shock fits real tight in the small frame, there is more room in the medium frame for the shock. If you are going to be doing some bombing I would go Medium for that reason alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a bald guy biking the blubber away

Scott
    Gilbert, AZ

mtbr member
    I'm 6'1" and I have an XL (34" inseam) and I don't think I could ride the Large - the top tube would be too short. I have the same bike as Swarga.

dirt visionary
    5'7" 31 inseam and I ride a medium with 50mm stem and straight post. But I have a long reach . The 50mm was just for jumping/dh reasons. Before I had an 80mm stem and setback post . I sat on a small and felt too cramped.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Is flexy
    Thanks to all for the replies.

The funny thing is the entire time I thought I was trying a medium I just found out it was a large... with the fact that I thought a large was a medium combined with most people saying the cockpit is slightly cramped it seems like a medium might be the way to go.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I have been curious about this for a while. I am 5'5" and demo'd a medium SL. It felt great to me. even better with a 90mm stem versus the 70 (I demo'd two mediums).

My only issue was it is really tough to Wheelie, although I suck at that anyway. My 04 Enduro is a medium too, but I feel the 04 med frame is a little too big. The SL medium frame felt like a more compact cockpit. It felt perfect

I am going to try to demo a small just to be sure, because based on my height, I think Spesh recommends the small.

I'd appreciate any help here as well.

dirt visionary
    If your short with a short torso then go small if your short and have a long torso go medium .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    I have a friend interested in a large enduro. He is 5'10". Would the large be in the range?
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Thanks to all for the replies.

The funny thing is the entire time I thought I was trying a medium I just found out it was a large... with the fact that I thought a large was a medium combined with most people saying the cockpit is slightly cramped it seems like a medium might be the way to go.
    if you feel a little over-stretch with the medium you can always slide the seat forward a bit. did this with my '07 XL enduro expert sx and feels a lot better.